THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MJ_Tenn

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Michael
I want to smoke a ham for Easter Sunday and am wondering if I could ask the Brethren if they have a recipe and technique that they love and would not mind passing along. I will be smoking with all wood and know that it be delicious whatever I do...thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I've been looking through the archives for ham recently too. If you do a search, Dr. Chicken's comes up a LOT. This is an injection and glaze.

A lot of the recipes have some type of whiskey in them, which isn't normally stocked in my house. So, I've been sort of looking for a glaze that doesn't have any.

Also, I've seen some recipes suggest applying a rub, others don't. Was wondering what people thought about a BBQ rub. I'm thinking about either Butcher's Honey or Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy. Followed by a simple glaze of Brown Sugar + Maple Syrup + Fresh Squeeze Orange.

no pre-rub. let the meat carmalize and create it's own porky good crust. as for finishing, well there's plenty of options.

phrasty's pepper and sugar is quite a good one.

I love double smoking fully cooked hams. Here's one I did.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121741&highlight=double+smoked+ham

If your ham is just cured and not cooked, just adjust the cooking time and IT temps leaving the glaze for the last 30 minutes or so.

Guerry, that is amazing. :grin:

ham-3.jpg

Back