THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looks good cant wait to see the pron
"SWEET BLUE" for name sounds good to me

I see someone trying to get a Brother in trouble!!!

Telling someone from Scarlet and Gray territory to name their smoker "Sweet Blue".:roll:

Whaddaya thinkin man!?!?

Ahhhh........I see.........you're from "up North" and don't see anything wrong with that.

We know what "Sweet Blue" is but his friends most likely wont!!

You chit stirrin people "up North".........

Note: This is meant to be taken LIGHTLY and is just a little humor.......not serious.....well, just a tiny bit serious maybe. :wink:

Anything under the firebox to collect the ashes? Maybe I didn't see it! Watching everyone make these, now I gotta start looking for materials.

Look's great Bob, i would go to work and then go home sick (that's my plan) and then have some pron for us tonite!!
O.K., so that kept ya busy for a day or 2, now what??? Just keep them hand's busy brother!!:wink:

already got another one planned. 110G just got a call about. Guy wants to get rid of one or two and offered to me FREE! And a 30G one too. Wife is going to kill me.

keep builbind and don't look back. A 110 should be very interesting. Sounds like a use for this 2'' ball valve I have sitting over here.

If you cut the expanded metal into 4 6 inch sections you can bolt two pieces together and have a 6 inch high 13 inch diameter which should be big enough.

Bob, you smoking yet?

Funny you should ask.....

Look at the ABT's!

IMG_3615.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

3 people - 5 minutes. Absolutely awesome.

IMG_3622.JPG

IMG_3625.JPG

IMG_3627.JPG

IMG_3626.JPG

IMG_3632.jpg - I'm 5 deep on these so forgive the typing.

Tomorrow I'm doing smoked pastrami!

The coals in the picture are 3 hours old and barely being lit. one of the challenges I am facing is that my wireless thermometers were purchaed on woot.com and they work for about 15 minutes. The one I'm going to install is on it's way but that will take a few days.

I love this thing. it's still kicking out consistent heat. it's 30 out right now.

I'll keep posting this weekend as I'm going to be going today, tomorrow, and Sunday(52 degrees).

I really appreciate all the help you guys have been and want to say thank you. Where do I contribute to the brethren beer fund to say thank you.

For any newbies seeing this and wondering what, why, who, and how? This is the greatest forum you'll ever be on. It's not about, who you are(unless you're Poobah), what you do for a living, where you live, or where you came from. It's about brotherhood, food, knowledge and sharing.

See 5 bottles of bourbon ale at 10% do nothing to me..........

Now if only I had any cigarettes...... wait - I quit ok. maybe I can stick my face over the outlet for a second..... I already do that everytime I cook. Dang it.

Attachments

• IMG_3623.JPG
    IMG_3623.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 154
Looking good there Bob you have inspired me to get out of my sick bed and do something with mine today.

I'm going to put together what I used, the tools, lessons learned. That way anyone wants to build their own going forward there will be something. Thanks again everyone. Wait until you see how I use it to do cold smoking for some homemade sausage.

Back