THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brine
1 gallon water
1 cup salt
1/4 cup lemon
1/4 cup Brown sugar

Brine for around 2 hrs and smoke at 275 until flakey.

grillfella said:
Thanks I will use that brine method if I bring some trout home. I was looking for a grilling recipe I can use, I am taking my smokey joe platinum

I use to catch rainbows in a lake in KY all the time. mostly catch and release but would eat a few. I simply gutted, lopped off the head and then salt and pepper in the cavity along with some dill and some thin slices of lemon in cavity. brush the outside with honey mustard and place right on the grill. flip once half way thru. delicous.

Single Fin Smoker said:
Check with 3rd Eye. Dude can catch and*cøok fish in his sleep.

I can?? I hope those farkers I fish with don't ever catch on.:lol:

If a guy is not going to take a skillet and fry in cornmeal, I think boatnut has a good plan. You can put about anything in the belly lemon, onion, salt, pepper, a little mayo (steal a few of those little packages from a convenience store on your way to the lake) Even wrapped in foil next to the campfire is good too. But leave the head on, it gives you a handle when lifting out the backbone.

DSC01558a.jpg

Trout is my wifes favorite fish so I always use them as an excuse to go fishing! I keep it real simple, but its excellent. Fillet them and leave skin on (or gut with the under mouth cut method then lay open), put in a shallow dish for oven, or lay on foil for grill, either way put skin side down, put garlic butter and some seasoned salt on 'em, broil or grill and enjoy! Slides right off the skin and melts in your mouth.:-D

I like to go with the creekside almodine, leave the head on, it just cooler!
rub a piece of foil with butter twice the size of the fish, sprinkle with sliced almonds,
season fish with salt and lemon pepper, place it on the bed of almonds, stuff a pat or two of butter inside and dill if you have it
cover with almonds, wrap it up and stick it on hot rock next to the fire.
drink beer until fish is flaky.

Muzzlebrake said:
I like to go with the creekside almodine, leave the head on, it just cooler!
rub a piece of foil with butter twice the size of the fish, sprinkle with sliced almonds,
season fish with salt and lemon pepper, place it on the bed of almonds, stuff a pat or two of butter inside and dill if you have it
cover with almonds, wrap it up and stick it on hot rock next to the fire.
drink beer until fish is flaky.

That is a large hunk of butter, my bro.

Muzzlebrake said:
lmao......yes it is

rub butter on a piece of foil twice the size of the fish

that make more sense?

:lol:

That is probably closer to making the food police happy.:-D
However, I am sort of leaning to the more fat version myself.

We knew what you ment, just fooling with you, bro.

Back