Fish Tacos (but not quite)

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
It's been a while since I've posted, have been taking a break from many things internet for a bit. Sometimes one just needs to back away from the web and chill.

Tonight's dinner started out as Fish Tacos, but quickly morphed into Fish Salad. :mrgreen: My wife and I are both back into Weight Watchers and the results have been excellent since the start of the year. Gotta keep those WW points in control if you want the pounds to come off. So far so good.

Market Basket had their famous "Chowder Fish" available, again for $3.99/lb. You simply can not go wrong at that price! This is 1 1/2 lbs, seasoned with Simply Marvelous Genie's Trinity. The Blackstone has been seeing a lot of chicken and fish lately!

0XjymL8.jpg

CogjUAS.jpg

621ihzB.jpg

Rather than being served on tortillas (which aren't high in WW points), the Mrs wanted the fish on top of a nice salad -

Z7faGIl.jpg

OHtEpXc.jpg

N38qBvS.jpg

Not that much excitement re: tonight's dinner, but griddled fish on the Blackstone with proper seasoning sure does taste and look good. Tacos may be on the menu for lunch tomorrow.

Regards,
-lunchman

For a salad, that looks awesome! I'm going to probably be doing fish tacos for Friday during Lent soon, and if they look that nice, I'll be extremely happy.

Can't quite wrap my head around this one. Was the fish still warm? Not sure how I'd feel about warm fish on a salad. If cold, then it sounds great!

Can't quite wrap my head around this one. Was the fish still warm? Not sure how I'd feel about warm fish on a salad. If cold, then it sounds great!

More like room temp by the time I took it off the Blackstone, brought it inside, made up my Balsamic and EVOO dressing, etc. :mrgreen:

Coming up with WW friendly meals hasn't been overly difficult, though we have been eating a lot of chicken and fish. My goal is to get the pandemic pounds off, so far I'm down 15 and one pants size. I've got more to go and am confident I'll get back to my goal weight. My wife has already reached hers. :thumb:

WW has worked in the past for the two of us and it wasn't a huge step to get back on the program. The turning point for me was having to buy what I'll call "fat clothes"and deciding I'd had enough. I've already consigned those pants.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a WW post, but my wife and I are hell bent on getting back to pre pandemic shape.

-Dom

More like room temp by the time I took it off the Blackstone, brought it inside, made up my Balsamic and EVOO dressing, etc. :mrgreen:

Coming up with WW friendly meals hasn't been overly difficult, though we have been eating a lot of chicken and fish. My goal is to get the pandemic pounds off, so far I'm down 15 and one pants size. I've got more to go and am confident I'll get back to my goal weight. My wife has already reached hers. :thumb:

WW has worked in the past for the two of us and it wasn't a huge step to get back on the program. The turning point for me was having to buy what I'll call "fat clothes"and deciding I'd had enough. I've already consigned those pants.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a WW post, but my wife and I are hell bent on getting back to pre pandemic shape.

-Dom

ok, I would probably be good with room temp. :thumb: Good on ya for losing 15 lbs, I need to get back in the saddle and start doing the same. Covid and being stuck inside definitely made it harder to keep the pounds off.

Bravo Dom for the cook and your weight loss journey. As far as cold fish, I love it. Grew up fishing for walleye on the St. Clair river. My Dad had my Mom cook extra so we could snack on the leftovers!

As usual, your skills on the griddle yield major deliciousness, Dom! :clap2:

Congrats on your weight reduction as well - if you can add an additional 5-10 lbs of muscle to your body, you'll really see the fat melt!

Back