THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't forget the BBB and the GA Attorney General. Lodge complaints with both of them. Ohhhhh and look into the US BBB may as well go nationwide if they are wanting to sell nationwide. Nothing ticks me off like bad cusotmer service.

Don't forget the BBB and the GA Attorney General. Lodge complaints with both of them. Ohhhhh and look into the US BBB may as well go nationwide if they are wanting to sell nationwide. Nothing ticks me off like bad cusotmer service.

Done beat you to the BBB complaint.... it is filed, and sent to Lark United and awaiting their reply.

I am working on the attorney general. I can file it here, and they will forward it to them for me....so, might just do that as there is an on line form here, and I haven't found anything yet for GA. I think I will print out all of my pictures and send as supporting documents they want... :eek: That should give them something to look at.... :biggrin:

And, for some odd reason, I had kept a log of all of my phone calls to them, and as to what the conversation was.... strange that I did that, but now am glad I did...

Guess who is still saying that it isnt their fault to the BBB and that they are not at fault......

I now have a local television station that has picked up the ball and has it in their court.... now to wait a while.... I am also making a "book" to send to the North Carolina State Attorney's office if this one falls through.

In the mean time, I have started advertising for them.... here is my handy work so far....

Since Lark United Manufacturing out of Douglas, GA did not want to stand behind their warranty, I told them that I would be more than glad to advertise for them.....

So, here it is. It is kind of hard to read in the pics, but it does look a little better in person... I guess going down the road, I will get some looks, whatcha think.....

Left side of trailer...

Rear of trailer...

Right rear door....

Left rear door before...

Left rear door after...

I didn't want to distract from their advertising so....

I should have done this first, and put the advertising on the left door....

I took all of "our" decals off.... I had a Brethren sticker on their and took it off as well.... don't want to associate you all with that mess... as well as my team name decal, and the American flag... how do you associate that mess with a true America figure????

I thought you all would love a good laugh....

Here is the reply that was posted at the Georgia BBB:

Receive Business Response When Mr. Moon brought the trailer back to us we inspected the trailer. The mold is ONLY on the caulking that is on the outside of the trailer. There is no mold on the caulking that is on the inside of the trailer or on the caulking that is on the inside facing of the door of the trailer. It is only on the caulking that is exposed to the weather. From the pictures he sent us the unit is being parked near and around trees. If it was bad caulking the mold would be on all the caulking, not just the caulking that is on the outside of the trailer. With it doing that it is in no way any fault of Lark United.
That was according to Mr. Michael Jordan from Lark United Manufacturing Inc.[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] 1213 South Wheeler Avenue [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Douglas, GA 31533[/FONT]

So I ask again, why is it only the clear and silver caulking on the outside of the trailer that is molded? Why isn't the white caulking around the fenders molded? Why isn't the caulking that I put on when I replaced their defective handle on the side door molded? Why is it only the clear and silver that they put on? And there is NO caulking on the inside of the trailer, so what is he talking about?????

And yes, I explained to him that it was only the caulking on the outside, and that it was only the clear and silver and not the white? He even asked me about trees, and I even sent him pictures of where I parked it, I think he is in my opinion, kind of very dense between the ears...... What part of bad sealant on the outside doesn't he understand?????

I wonder what they will say when the television crew gets done showing all about it, where it is parked, only the clear and silver sealant on the OUTSIDE of the trailer.... and the white is fine, and no trees close by..... where will his theory be then????

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]​

I have a friend that is an attorney. He read over my "letter" and made some suggestions to make it sound a little better before submitting it. It is now with the NC Attorney General. I am sure they will review it and then forward it to the Georgia Attorney General.....

Complaint Submitted

Thank you for submitting a complaint to the North Carolina Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division. We’ll review your complaint and work with you and the business to try to reach a resolution of your dispute.

Give em hell ... or strip the bad sealent and redue and send them the bill ... $100/hr + Materials sounds right. Make sure you take several breaks to streatch .. I mean keep from over-heating.

Give em hell ... or strip the bad sealent and redue and send them the bill ... $100/hr + Materials sounds right. Make sure you take several breaks to streatch .. I mean keep from over-heating.

I AM doing that as well. I have installed electric, counter, cabinet, refrigerator, shelving, lighting, flooring, painted, etc..... my bill just for trailer, tag, etc., plus all I have installed, mileage, etc. is now over $5K not counting labor for resealing.

This ordeal with LARK UNITED is still not over.

I have written the GA BBB, the local TV station, the NC attorney general, and still nothing. They stand firm that it is all my fault because it was parked near trees. BS... all trailers are parked near trees.

So, I finally got hold of a GA attorney. They must be in this together. I was told that I can only sue for the amount of what I bought the trailer for, nothing for what I have put in it, no mileage,etc..... only the basic price I paid for the trailer new. And the starting fee would be $1500. And that would be if it was settled out of court and no problems. If they dispute, or it goes to court, or any else, the fee goes up.

So, since the fee is all but what I paid for the trailer to begin with, I am going to advertise for LARK UNITED located in Douglas, GA. Here is a couple of pics I took after I got home from work and my next step.

Look close at the late afternoon pic, you will see the name of the trailer, and if you look real close to the left of the side door, you will see a dark spot.....

Shot of the side... look to the left of the side door....

Close up of the side of advertising.... just large enough to see, but not too distracting.

Here is the side door lock after I stripped it and resealed it.... looks a little bit better in white, huh?

So remember, before you buy, consider all factors and ask others if they have had any problems with their trailers.

Oh yeah, here is another one I found at a competition this year....

Nice looking concession trailer built by LARK UNITED,

but don't look too close...

Is the local dealer still selling them? Park in front or near the dealer with your annotated trailer as he wouldn't help you either. If he complains, go park by one of his competitors.
You parked too close to trees, how many miles it too close?

Sealant from CHINA........................If they send you a tube of some chit you never heard of throw it away, you'll be doing that the rest of the time you own the trailer. I had the same problem on our boat, the manufacture sent me some more chit and I went to West Marine and bought 3M 5200 marine adhesive and sealant that was guaranteed never to yellow, mildew or come off for that matter! Problem solved....And it actually worked!
that 5200 is great stuff. it lasts 3-5 years on workboats in a 100%salt environment & can even be applied underwater.

Build a sign can make you a free banner....

Banner is a good idea, but these labels will be there when I park in parking lots, at comps, gas stations, eateries, etc. A banner can only be displayed when I park and put it up.

Is the local dealer still selling them? Park in front or near the dealer with your annotated trailer as he wouldn't help you either. If he complains, go park by one of his competitors.
You parked too close to trees, how many miles it too close?

The dealer has stopped selling them. Mine was the last one he ordered... lucky me. He told me the reason he did was that Lark United did not want to pay him for what it took to do warranty work. And while doing dealer searches, I did and sent emails or called a BUNCH. And most told me the same thing. So, that tells me, that they have problems with their trailers, and do not want to pay the dealers anything for doing their dirty work of fixing up their shoddy workmanship. Now with attitudes like that, sooner or later they will not have dealers that will sell their trailers, and then what??? They will most likely close up, and reopen under another name and go again.... So, again, buyer beware.....

Back