THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I figured P4 would be fine and ran it at 225. I was not in a rush since these were for the wife for dinner/breakfast when she got off her shift. Certainly surprised to see my Fireboard showed the temp started to die down in a hurry.

Had a leftover piece of rib roast from the holidays and cooked him up tonight...44 ounces:):

7e0347f35b5f611840297047d4cc814d.jpg

250 for about 90 minutes to 115 and pulled and rested while I did scallops and zucchini and then seared

21f30e95e833a1d5071a4ed786cdda9d.jpg

I was in a hurry as time got away from me and wife had to leave to pick up the youngest from a birthday party...should of let him go another 1-2 minutes as he was 125 when I pulled him off and I didn’t have the sear I wanted

3203ede9f8e8710ba84e4ab4249d1709.jpg

1be9b0d9b7dafb036e0e64483ad14c7a.jpg

b5d8ff1e5d18505b76269258d889e17f.jpg

Please excuse the holiday plates...we decided to throw all of our “normal” plates away at Christmas and haven’t ordered new ones yet:)

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your experience with that little pitboss makes me lean toward the DC.

Anyone have any Z grills experience?

Your experience with that little pitboss makes me lean toward the DC.

Anyone have any Z grills experience?

I don’t have personal experience with the z grills but pretty much everyone is happy with their dc. The only real complaints I hear on the dc is that they’re loud

Recommend an ash vac for ys640 clean out. Been using a ryobi hand vac but cant get into places I need to get so looking for something else. Before I venture out on my own, figured I'd check here first.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Anyone have any experience or feedback on the Z-Grill Master 700D Pellet Grill? I’m unable to search here, and haven’t found much info on it online.

Thanks fellas for any help!

Recommend an ash vac for ys640 clean out. Been using a ryobi hand vac but cant get into places I need to get so looking for something else. Before I venture out on my own, figured I'd check here first.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I use a buckehead vac from Home Depot.

https://www.homedepot.com/s/bucket%20head%20dry%20vacuum?NCNI-5

sits on a 5 gal bucket. Good for ash removal and/or changing out pellets. If you are changing out pellets, they go right into a 5 gal. bucket

I clean my pg with a shop vac. Can't do that with my stick burner though as the ash is too fine and just blows out thru the filter. Anybody else notice this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did some breakfast for the kids this morning

93e12f53625ba8e60977fea249612973.jpg

7db70e5c7729d77a8debca08c059aae1.jpg

Did some BB’s tonight from Costco. They were bland imo and I wrapped in BP the last hour as we had family over and they prefer more done (this just reinforced that I prefer spares naked the whole way:)

I will say the ribs had the deepest smoke flavor I’ve had on a pellet grill yet.... I cooked them at 235 for 4 hours then wrapped in bp for an hour. I usually cook them at 250-270

028aba1b58fc1778e9fd9bf41df81a7e.jpg

Memphis Elite

Did some breakfast for the kids this morning

93e12f53625ba8e60977fea249612973.jpg

7db70e5c7729d77a8debca08c059aae1.jpg

Did some BB’s tonight from Costco. They were bland imo and I wrapped in BP the last hour as we had family over and they prefer more done (this just reinforced that I prefer spares naked the whole way:)

I will say the ribs had the deepest smoke flavor I’ve had on a pellet grill yet.... I cooked them at 235 for 4 hours then wrapped in bp for an hour. I usually cook them at 250-270

028aba1b58fc1778e9fd9bf41df81a7e.jpg

Memphis Elite

Lookin’ gooood! Love those lil hash brown patties... lol. Agree about the ribs... I used to be a baby back guy... several years ago I brought home some St. Louis spares... and that’s all I she been cooking since.

Anyone have any experience or feedback on the Z-Grill Master 700D Pellet Grill? I’m unable to search here, and haven’t found much info on it online.

Thanks fellas for any help!

There is a google search box at the bottom of the site that will only search the forums. It works well, but the 'normal' forum search option is a feature for side supporters.

I finally understand what some of you have posted about PID and non-PID controllers. I just used my Pit Boss for the first time and it works very well. It's not 5-10 degree swings like my Pellet Pro but more like 15-20. No fancy options or auto-shutdown cycle and i can't set it to 285 as the goal goes in 25 degree increments. But it still works and doesn't mean it's crap and will flame out.

I finally understand what some of you have posted about PID and non-PID controllers. I just used my Pit Boss for the first time and it works very well. It's not 5-10 degree swings like my Pellet Pro but more like 15-20. No fancy options or auto-shutdown cycle and i can't set it to 285 as the goal goes in 25 degree increments. But it still works and doesn't mean it's crap and will flame out.

Memphis, Mak, Yoder, and Fec, in some order, are commonly considered, the top pellet grills, on the market. 2 use PID, and 2 don't. There is more to it, than what type of controller they have.

Back