THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I got some sleep so I wouldn't be falling asleep later on when we're working on putting the roof on the steel building.

Took the ham out of the cure, rinsed it off, patted it dry. Everything looked like nice and uniform pretty much color wise and had no odor to it whatsoever. After the rinse off to the smoker it went. At the rate it's cooked so far- from 38-63 in an hour and a half if I don't hit a major stall it'll be done at around 2 maybe 3 this afternoon. I've spiked the temp up to now maitainnit as it drops. When it hits 320 I'll add a split.

Anyway, here are the pics so far. Not going to do too much opening before the glaze time frame.

Here's where we are right now. Got the fire management pretty much stable where I need it to be. Was a little all over the place in the beginning but she's leveling out.

Sorry took me so long to post. Went right from the cook to working on the steel building.

I'm pretty psyched. Ham came out great. Cook went smooth, no stall. Took right at about 4 1/2 hours. Averaging 325ish.

I used Danny Gauldmans brown sugar mustard glaze. That's a nice glaze I have to say.

So, here are the pics of the ham and the cook session.

I'm so glad that my future sister in law asked me to do it and I decided to give it a go. I will be able to get it better throughout time but I'm REALLY happy I'll be able to give a great meal for everyone protein wise.

Anyone debating it DO IT!! Was great fun. Ok, enough here are the pics:

I almost always want to have a ham curing in rotation every few weeks :biggrin1:. Cheap cut of meat and the process was a lot of fun.

100% true. Really was a great experience. Can't wait until Christmas when everyone is eating it. The one I cook that day that is. I'm also doing a smoked turkey and 2 butts.

Wow!

That's a beautiful ham. Can almost imagine the flavors as I look and read.

You folks are eating well this weekend.

Thanks for sharing the whole process and experience!

Wow!

That's a beautiful ham. Can almost imagine the flavors as I look and read.

You folks are eating well this weekend.

Thanks for sharing the whole process and experience!

Thanks for the kind words shadow. You're welcome, it was my pleasure. Was a ton of fun. Now to bring the Shirley down on Christmas and do up the other ham, butts and turkey. Should be a great time.

Thanks for taking the time to document the process Jimmy!

That ham looks awesome!

Back