THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want one! Very cool. How much do you think you will charge for the basic model? Bet you could sell a ton of those.

I watched the video. That is one fine cooker! :thumb: :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

If Tyler puts some more expended metal on three sides of that bottom open rack, he can probably put enough splits in there to last for a tailgate party.

Jason everything looks great even the squirrel. I don't think I could eat squirrel though haha.

The baffle idea seems great. You're rocking on that Shirley man. They are doing some Amazing things and the coolest part is they seem to be making them better and faster!

Thanks again for the cook details Jason- -all of that looks AWESOME. Since you had such a small fire, I'm wondering if you could have used all lump instead (with wood chunks). Maybe even with a temp controller stoking the fire.

If you could use the baffle plate and the setup I just suggested for smaller cooks, while also being able to load up the cook chamber and run all splits for larger cooks (or when time permitted being able to tend the fire) that seems like it would be the perfect setup/perfect cooker.

Looks great - what a cook! Have you tried running with and without baffle to see a difference? Thanks for sharing.

My first cook the previous weekend when I used both the main chamber and the warmer to cook the warmer would get to about 250-275 max. Now that being said with cooking in the main chamber obviously the main exhaust stack was open. So I do need to do a test of running the pit without the block but with the main exhaust stack closed to see what the different is.

My guess is that the block plate will still help keep a lot of that heat from being wasted going to the main chamber and burning more wood. I'll be testing that out probably this coming weekend or next.

Sounds like quite the versatile smoker. Won't be long and you'll have played with all the different configurations and be able to do anything on her...

Thanks again for the cook details Jason- -all of that looks AWESOME. Since you had such a small fire, I'm wondering if you could have used all lump instead (with wood chunks). Maybe even with a temp controller stoking the fire.

If you could use the baffle plate and the setup I just suggested for smaller cooks, while also being able to load up the cook chamber and run all splits for larger cooks (or when time permitted being able to tend the fire) that seems like it would be the perfect setup/perfect cooker.

you can do this in the warmer with the charcoal pan they make. the warmer makes a great vertical charcoal cooker.

My first cook the previous weekend when I used both the main chamber and the warmer to cook the warmer would get to about 250-275 max. Now that being said with cooking in the main chamber obviously the main exhaust stack was open. So I do need to do a test of running the pit without the block but with the main exhaust stack closed to see what the different is.

My guess is that the block plate will still help keep a lot of that heat from being wasted going to the main chamber and burning more wood. I'll be testing that out probably this coming weekend or next.

I'm excited to find out. Thanks Jason for sharing :thumb:

I'd guess you would burn through a lot of charcoal only using just charcoal. Could be worth a try, but as pjtexas pointed out you can just use charcoal in the warmer box to use as a vertical smoker as well.

Back