THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food is looking pretty good. Picnic and rib shot were just taken so that is after 3hrs on the picnic and almost 2hrs on the beef ribs. The pork skin only took about 75mins to be done. Been rolling 300-330'ish most of the cook with a few 350-375 times which is still fine. :biggrin1:

Squirrel I smoked for an hour and is wrapped with some chicken stock. Will let that ride for an additional hour then rest till the wife gets home to try it with me. :-D

About 3hrs in I wrapped the picnic with some veg stock. Diggin the color :-D

Wrapping beef ribs with some beef stock, hot valentinas and, some extra rub and oregano.

Squirrel done and holding in a 150 oven. Will sample that before dinner

Enjoying last weekend's gift from the wife

Still hoping to eat around 6:30. Wings will go on in about an hour

You're having a right enjoyable afternoon!

Dinner's going rock. Love the random squirrel cook, too. :shock:

You're having a right enjoyable afternoon!

Dinner's going rock. Love the random squirrel cook, too. :shock:

Yeah my neighbor is awesome. I borrow all his tools and he "borrows" bbq. He hunts and fishes a little so anytime I see him outside I see what is happening. He's like oh here is a squirrel. Never had it before so excited to see how it tastes. He said like "game'y chicken".

Everything looks great ( well all but the squirrel ) I'm going to need one of those plates I plan to do a lot of cooking in the warmer box, also now thinking about going with a hip roof for a little more room.
Thanks for the time TQ

Congratulations, Jason!

You're makin' all us without a Shirley pit drool!!

A question: How much charcoal did you use to start the test burn? I think the briquettes might have done a lot to keep your temps where they were. If you ever light a fire with a weed burner and no briquettes, please take a video and post results here.

. . . a wannabe stick burner on a Shirley!

Congratulations, Jason!

You're makin' all us without a Shirley pit drool!!

A question: How much charcoal did you use to start the test burn? I think the briquettes might have done a lot to keep your temps where they were. If you ever light a fire with a weed burner and no briquettes, please take a video and post results here.

. . . a wannabe stick burner on a Shirley!

So this is going to sound weird, but i've always lighted with lump as the bed and the last 2 times started with kingsford and seems to maybe have worked just as well :thumb:. Maybe 3-4lbs.

I've done the weed burner and no bed of lump/briquettes and it took a lot more hitting with the weed burner to get it started. That little bed of coals helps a ton.

Jason glad the warmer cook is going well.... Tyler has just the firebox and warmer as his personL cooker... It is uninsulated and works great... I seein the near future that we will be selling the firebox/ warmer as a cooker .... Think we can price it to make it appealing... It will be uninsulated...but affordable.. Tyler has his where it will flip
Down and he can drive off with it.... It is actually cool!!!!

Jason glad the warmer cook is going well.... Tyler has just the firebox and warmer as his personL cooker... It is uninsulated and works great... I seein the near future that we will be selling the firebox/ warmer as a cooker .... Think we can price it to make it appealing... It will be uninsulated...but affordable.. Tyler has his where it will flip
Down and he can drive off with it.... It is actually cool!!!!

Need pictures of that Paul!

Back