THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome smoker wish I could get one this side of the pond. But just a quick question what happens if you decide to use the cc say a couple of hours in. How would you remove the plate in order to cook in the cc.

Awesome smoker wish I could get one this side of the pond. But just a quick question what happens if you decide to use the cc say a couple of hours in. How would you remove the plate in order to cook in the cc.

Long welding gloves or take the basket out.

I actually thought about this and mentioned it to my wife the other day so thanks for sharing and experimenting/showing us this! Look forward to the cook tomorrow to see how it goes.

Love the baffle mod. I actually thought about a baffle like that when just using the oven in my LSG. Again, pretty sweet. :thumb:

Prety cool man. I've thought about having something similiar fabricated for mine. I wonder if Paul and Tyler have considered just adding an additional damper to accomplish the same thing. My thought when buying mine was that the heat would follow the path of least resistance and when the damper to the warmer was open the heat would travel straight up. It does for the most part but does seem to lose heat into the main chamber. Looks like this would make cooking in the main chamber more efficient and would allow it to come up to temp a lot faster. With my warmer being so big and with the insulated firebox my warmer can take a while to come up to temp sometimes. I think Im going to have to get me one of these. Keep us posted on how you like it.

I think Jbounds just likes to joke around. He likes to accuse me of crying and I really don't unless I'm watching It's a Wonderful Life or burning a fatty.

Awesome looking forward to your post tomorrow.
Hay do you think you will be using the Shirley or your BWS's for comps this year?

I'll still be using my backwoods since I can get them easily into my truck and still pull the camper. Though for one comp that is 3 miles from the house I might go rogue and after dropping the camper off go back and grab the Shirley and see what happens :-D. Could easily cook all 4 meats in the warmer.

Prety cool man. I've thought about having something similiar fabricated for mine. I wonder if Paul and Tyler have considered just adding an additional damper to accomplish the same thing. My thought when buying mine was that the heat would follow the path of least resistance and when the damper to the warmer was open the heat would travel straight up. It does for the most part but does seem to lose heat into the main chamber. Looks like this would make cooking in the main chamber more efficient and would allow it to come up to temp a lot faster. With my warmer being so big and with the insulated firebox my warmer can take a while to come up to temp sometimes. I think Im going to have to get me one of these. Keep us posted on how you like it.

Thomas we thought above a baffle that would rotate.... But quickly came to the conclusion thAt anything that was exposed to the intense heat in the fire box..... With moving parts will sooner or later present a problem... We opted out .... As many cookers as we build we just felt like we would get the dreaded call that the damper was stuck....

Thomas we thought above a baffle that would rotate.... But quickly came to the conclusion thAt anything that was exposed to the intense heat in the fire box..... With moving parts will sooner or later present a problem... We opted out .... As many cookers as we build we just felt like we would get the dreaded call that the damper was stuck....

Makes a lot of sense Paul :thumb:

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. I assume this will be a new available option?

Let me tell you from personal experience. If you dream it, they will build it. Hardly any of the stuff I got were "available options" But not once did Tyler have any problem doing it. If anything he enjoyed it!!

Fired up and the picnic went on at 11:45am. Shooting for eating around 6:30 :becky:. Trimmed the skin/fat down and will put some of that on by itself. Got beef ribs to go on in a bit and then wings towards the end.

Also got 2 bottle openers to mount to the tool box :biggrin1:

Fired up and the picnic went on at 11:45am. Shooting for eating around 6:30 :becky:. Trimmed the skin/fat down and will put some of that on by itself. Got beef ribs to go on in a bit and then wings towards the end.

Also got 2 bottle openers to mount to the tool box :biggrin1:

Love the bottle opener. You now officially have the coolest smoker on earth!

Back