THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As per Vinny above and yes pics were taken but not by me.
It was a great time and lots of good camaraderie.
The spread was sumptuous and Ray and the staff really treated us right.
The place itself is really cool as well; great atmosphere.
Hopefully the pics will follow.

on edit besides Cliff I think pigtrip took some and maybe pigmaker?

food was outstanding and the Doc was a great host.

started with smoked bologna, fried ribs and fried pickles.. then a hefty plate of nachos.. and the sides started coming.. mac and cheese.. best yet and always my favorite(obvious by the wasteline). Then collard greens, cheesy corn and some great cornbread.. while we are chowing down, the waitress brings out plates with a big ass dino bone, and 2 types of ribs.. puts them down at differnt part of the table and we start to pick on the plates as a group,... till doc says NO NO NO...everyone gets one EACH of THOSE!! those plates are individual servings. ?:confused::eek: Holy chit.. we're gonna die. while were munching on the ribs, out comes pulled pork and chicken.. Damn, what a feast. My son looked at the plates and said.... WHY??

Dino bones rivaled Daisy Mays, if not better.., Ribs were better than hill country(IMO).. Pulled pork was hand select pieces and i was too damn full to have more than a taste...

Doc was an outstanding host, sat down and hung with us the whole time, introduced us to the staff and gave us the rundown of the place and the menu.. we had our own room, real comfortable and not rushed.... staff was outstanding too.

Big thanks to Dr. BBQ and Pigmaker for putting this together.. great to have all of us get together for some good times...

thanks again guys.. I'm still stuffed.

So sorry I missed the trip....but my son seemed to have eaten my portion!
The trek into the city was just too much with pending g5 (guido baby 5) in tow.

Missed you all and hope to be attending the next feast!
Happy Easter

Chrissy
Mrs. Mafia

Chrissy - You're son was such a well behaved kid. (Plus, he has the best name in the whole world. :biggrin:)

He ate like a champ. I saw him taking deep breaths to go another round. Even went so far as to roll a whole chunk of pulled pork in the dry rub fully coated.

Wow!!!

Thank you Dr. BBQ for your Southern Hospitality... I'm not going to eat for a week...so I can keep my figure for BBQ season! It was a real Big Time BBQ experience!!! Everything was great and the service was exemplary.... Thank's for signing your book "Road Trip"...It was wonderful to talk with my Q buddies... My Dad just went through major heart surgery and is doing great, but just to get away with some good friends was a break well needed...

Enjoy the pics.. more to follow...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Attachments

• DSC05652 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05652 (Medium).JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC05668 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05668 (Medium).JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC05667 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05667 (Medium).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC05660 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05660 (Medium).JPG
    72 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC05659 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05659 (Medium).JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC05658 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05658 (Medium).JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC05657 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05657 (Medium).JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC05656 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05656 (Medium).JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC05654 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05654 (Medium).JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC05653 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05653 (Medium).JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC05678 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05678 (Medium).JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC05677 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05677 (Medium).JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC05676 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05676 (Medium).JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC05675 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05675 (Medium).JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC05674 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05674 (Medium).JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC05673 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05673 (Medium).JPG
    91 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC05672 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05672 (Medium).JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC05671 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05671 (Medium).JPG
    82 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC05670 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05670 (Medium).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC05669 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05669 (Medium).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 95
Ok, first off thanks to Eric J. for setting this up and big thanks to Doc and the great folks at Southern Hospitality for showing us that their service lives up to the name. The cooks, Doc and all of the waitstaff were fantastic.

I really enjoyed the dry ribs. A pleasant departure from the typical sweet rubs. Phil went over all the food, so allow me to just sneak in and say that the corn bread was fantastic. I know, its like saying 'wow, what a great beige color'; but it's true. The corn bread kicked ass.

The portions were monstrous. Roman hedonists would be overwhelmed by the excess. We were treated like royalty and the quality matched the quantity.

Eric

Here are the rest of the pics...sorry to anyone who is sideways! A computer wiz I'm not...

I'm thankful to being part of the BBQ Brethren and NEBS...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Westexbbq, did your pic come out OK?

Eric... Thanks great time once again!

Julie... before I die I will get you the pics I promised!

Attachments

• DSC05684 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05684 (Medium).JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC05681 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05681 (Medium).JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC05680 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05680 (Medium).JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC05679 (Medium).JPG
    DSC05679 (Medium).JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 95
Here are the rest of the pics...sorry to anyone who is sideways! A computer wiz I'm not...
I'm thankful to being part of the BBQ Brethren and NEBS...
Yours in BBQ,
Cliff
Westexbbq, did your pic come out OK?
Eric... Thanks great time once again!
Julie... before I die I will get you the pics I promised!

Thanks Cliff.
I admit I asked Cliff to take a shot with the Hank Williams poster behind me.
(I was really smiling )
Anyway as you all can see from the pictures , i.e the Killer on the back wall, etc., there is a lotta cool memorabilia around in addition to the outstanding food.
It's a fun place to go to if you're ever in town.

I admit I asked Cliff to take a shot with the Hank Williams poster behind me.
(I was really smiling )

I took some other pics as well... give me your e-mail... hate to see you when you are sad...! Nice smile! Sorry that you are sideways...

It was really a good time...: )!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Glad everyone had a great time. Wish I could have come but I know Doc put on quite a show for ya'll. No pics of the deep fried pickles or ribs? Those are my favorites!

Glad everyone had a great time. Wish I could have come but I know Doc put on quite a show for ya'll. No pics of the deep fried pickles or ribs? Those are my favorites!

I think we ate the deep fried pickles before we took pics..

The 2 Fat Polocks would have loved the deep fried ribs...tasted kinda like chicken...no just joking...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Also in the pic is a really nicely balanced rub that is used exclusively as the House rub...and a ranch dipping sauce...

Attachments

• Copy of DSC05663.jpg
    Copy of DSC05663.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 93
Here is the list i have as of today for the Southern Hospitality Party on March 22.

Muzzlebreak 2
Swamp Pit 5
Primal Meat 2
Pigmaker 2
Pigtrip 2
Fat Pollacks 3
Bad Bones 1
Sledneck 5
Motoeric 2
BBQ Mafia 2
Porkys 2

according to my count that is 28, the cut off is 32, so there is room for four more people. Once we get the 32 thats it. Anybody for Fried Pickles ?:-D:-D

FYI ... there was question as to who was attending... add Poo Bah and son, John Markus

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

It was an awesome time, Ray and the gang were superb hosts and the food rocked. I too put the dry rubbed St Louis as my favorite among the meats and the cornbread as my favorite among the sides. I'll post pics (including the deep fried pickles and smoked balogna) as soon as I figure out how. Thanks to Eric and Ray for making this fun event happen.

Holy Chit, there was food up the ying yang and plenty of it and we got to take home the leftovers. As was said already, everything was fantastic. Since no one mentioned it, that dessert was unreal-sweet potatoe pie and the two young guys had ice cream sundeas.
Thanks again to Eric J. & Dr. BBQ for being perfect hosts. I am looking forward to the next time we have a get together.

Here are some photos from the event. For more photos and larger sized photos of the food pron, see http://www.pigtrip.net/review-SouthernHospitality-Brethren.htm .

SH-Ray+Eric.jpg

Dr BBQ (Ray) and Pigmaker23 (Eric).

SH-pickles.jpg

Fried pickles.

SH-balogna.jpg

BBQ balogna was like buttah.

SH-dfrib1.jpg

A deep fried rib with BBQ ranch.

SH-ribplatter2.jpg

A platter of ribs for one. Seriously.

SH-pork.jpg

Pulled pork.