THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of the pics I posted in Q talk

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236082

I85uXudh.jpg

6SGPf1ah.jpg

eY3udOwh.jpg

cOggXxDh.jpg

Posted the group photo with names on Sako's thread in Q-Talk

Group%20Photo_1.jpg

Left to Right (Back Row)
SoCalWjs + Wife, Tom B/Mrs B, Bigmista, padawan, frognot, DUBBAGA, campdude, Mikebeme, tonyjohnson619, silverfinger, big brother smoke + Mrs Genie, SmokinJohn + Ray's BBQ Wife, Tonybel (power couple)

Left to Right (Front Row)
ssv3, gtr, Phubar, (campdude's +1), Evil-g, hachi-roku fan

I'm fully awake...and will start posting my pix....

Orange Cake: I'm going to have to make my own, since all I saw was a swarm of human-sized ants around it. I didn't even see the dish it came it.

On me dropping the ball again: Jennifer still can't stop laughing...wait, that didn't sound good. Call it the California Jinx. UCLA and USC dropped the ball yesterday, so I was just following in their tradition...Today is a new day, and I have the recipe for Lemon Icebox cake....Just need the Gentlemen Jack......

To my Brethren and Sisteren: If I don't get up there today (I'm fighting a meat hangover, but the thought of piggy goodness and another Frognot dessert is giving me strength), it was a blast, as always...

To those who didn't make it and have been before, well, you know what it's like...and I won't rub it in.

To those who didn't make it because you were afraid, I say this:

1. Everyone here is human. We have all dropped meat on the ground, burned our appendages (I had a good one yesterday), and turned out food that would be an entry on "Worst Cooks in America". Yes, there are some certified food stars and judges and champions among us, but so what? Each of them started out somewhere. I was overwhelmed at my first Bash, but I watched and learned, same as you do on the forum. Now, I am honored to be part of this group, and I look forward to hanging out with them at a Bash, or not at a Bash.

2. You don't have to make a dish. You could just eat. We had enough food to feed at least three times the people in attendance. Eat, drink, relax. Is that really a bad thing? You get to try some of the things you read about in the discussion forum (unless they don't get made because the maker is too busy eating).

3. Even though there are adult beverages present, no one in the three years I've been has been 86ed. There has been no fighting. No foul language. The most heated argument yesterday revolved around the acting chops of Val Kilmer, Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, Denzel, and the late Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Actually, the most heated argument last night was how a Grilled Cheese Food Truck made it into the competition, when their only trick is grilled cheese on a waffle iron.

So, do what you can to make the next Bash. You won't be sorry.

Well put John! It was a pleasure to meet you and the Mrs. :thumb:

Orange Cake: I'm going to have to make my own, since all I saw was a swarm of human-sized ants around it. I didn't even see the dish it came it.

On me dropping the ball again: Jennifer still can't stop laughing...wait, that didn't sound good. Call it the California Jinx. UCLA and USC dropped the ball yesterday, so I was just following in their tradition...Today is a new day, and I have the recipe for Lemon Icebox cake....Just need the Gentlemen Jack......

To my Brethren and Sisteren: If I don't get up there today (I'm fighting a meat hangover, but the thought of piggy goodness and another Frognot dessert is giving me strength), it was a blast, as always...

To those who didn't make it and have been before, well, you know what it's like...and I won't rub it in.

1. Everyone here is human. We have all dropped meat on the ground, burned our appendages (I had a good one yesterday), and turned out food that would be an entry on "Worst Cooks in America". Yes, there are some certified food stars and judges and champions among us, but so what? Each of them started out somewhere. I was overwhelmed at my first Bash, but I watched and learned, same as you do on the forum. Now, I am honored to be part of this group, and I look forward to hanging out with them at a Bash, or not at a Bash.

2. You don't have to make a dish. You could just eat. We had enough food to feed at least three times the people in attendance. Eat, drink, relax. Is that really a bad thing? You get to try some of the things you read about in the discussion forum (unless they don't get made because the maker is too busy eating).

3. Even though there are adult beverages present, no one in the three years I've been has been 86ed. There has been no fighting. No foul language. The most heated argument yesterday revolved around the acting chops of Val Kilmer, Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, Denzel, and the late Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Actually, the most heated argument last night was how a Grilled Cheese Food Truck made it into the competition, when their only trick is grilled cheese on a waffle iron.

To add to Smokinjohns point of being afraid, I had met Gtr before and no one else at the bash. I can honestly say I walked into a roomfull of friends. It was incredible as I've never experienced anything like that before and the food wow.

Thank you Greg for hosting this event and thank the brethren for showing up in force to make this event so successful.

Gordon

Blurry huh?? :becky: Good hanging out TonyBel. :thumb: And thanks for posting the pic.

Great to meet you Gordon!

To add to Smokinjohns point of being afraid, I had met Gtr before and no one else at the bash. I can honestly say I walked into a roomfull of friends. It was incredible as I've never experienced anything like that before and the food wow.

Thank you Greg for hosting this event and thank the brethren for showing up in force to make this event so successful.

Gordon

I tried not to duplicate the pix already posted...
Frognot's Smoked Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Pie..... I REALLY needed some Gentleman Jack here..
IMG_3133.JPG

SSV3, Campdude and Frognot discussing the merits of boiling ribs....
IMG_3130.JPG

Lamby McLamberson after the locusts descended....all I can say is was a bad day to be a cooked animal.
IMG_3122.JPG

Mikebeme's Armadillo Eggs!
IMG_3105.JPG

Sliced so you can see the construction....
IMG_3107.JPG

Dubbaga can't shoot while he's slicing, so....
IMG_3108.JPG

The secret to rib goodness: A British Racing Green Thermapen....
IMG_3109.JPG

Sides: Mac and Cheese (mine), jalapenos (campdude), crackers, pizza and buffalo
cheese dip (tonyjohnson619), wings (mine), and armadillo eggs. Not shown to the
left: Silverfinger's BACON fried rice!
IMG_3113.JPG

SSV3's Kebabs..More than a few these went into my belly AND a take-home container....
IMG_3117.JPG

Filipino Sausages aka Tocino...Going to have to compare the flavor of these to the Spam..
IMG_3134.JPG

Mushrooms...you gotta move fast to get the money shot. Obviously I was too late
IMG_3136.JPG

Campdude's Gluten-Free Pound Cake: Before shot....
IMG_3144.JPG

Last edited:
Here's the few shots I took. I know Mike will have a ton of photos to upload when he has a chance. This was my first bash and I have to say the moment of awkwardness of being new disappeared in minutes! Everyone was super welcoming! Any newbies that are thinking about going DO IT! It was a blast.

Greg and his family are really good people and gracious hosts. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Food was delicious. I don't think I'll be able to make it to part II tonight but I will try my hardest. Good people, good food, great conversations.

Had a great time at the bash. Even though it was my first time attending and I didn't know anyone, it felt more like a family party. It was great meeting everyone. Greg and his family are fantistic hosts, can't say enough good things about them.

Back