THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks delicious!!
You and Fingerlickin' Jason have inspired me to make a batch soon!!

http://www.food.com and search "simple chicken gumbo"

I altered the recipe by using a can of Rotel instead of diced tomatoes and adding cannelloni beans. I have about half the pot remaining. Tomorrow I will add shrimp and okra and use Tobasco instead of Sirracha. Same pot totally different flavor. Also, I use Echrich turkey sausage. Dice some slice some and pan fry. I also use a steamer bag of organic brown rice instead of a scoop of white rice.

Play with it and have fun. There is really no wrong way to get your gumbo on :))

That is one weird-arse gumbo, but it looks good. Yeah, it seems wrong, but if it tastes good, who am I to complain?

Maybe you should call it a soup, instead of a gumbo. Same flavor, different name. It wouldn't be as weird as a soup, than it is as a gumbo, to me.

I'd gladly try a bowl, either way, I'm just sayin.'

CD

Back