THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fuzzymusket

I impulse-bought a 3 lb filet of Atlantic salmon at the grocery store today. I've got it in a brine of equal parts cold water and apricot nectar, with a couple table spoons of salt. I only have time to brine it for about an hour so hopefully it comes out fine.

After the brine I plan to pat it dry and put it under the ceiling fan to let a nice pelicle form, sprinkle with cracked pepper and salt, and then hot smoke it with hickory and apple. After a half hour or so of smoke, I will make up a glaze with more apricot nectar thickened up with brown sugar and mop it on. I figure 90 minutes or so at 200 degrees ought to do it.

I want to try smoking salmon so I'll be following your results. That sounds a little sweet for us, so I'll have to come up with a different glaze...

Back