THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Recently a rib cook was made where the membrane was scored, ribs seasoned and rolled into a Crown Rack of Ribs. Freakn outstanding. So wandering through the local Walmart I spotted two really small racks of baby backs. I've had butcher twine a long time- so I said this will be the day. Removed the membrane, seasoned, rolled and tied. Not very good tie but dam good enough. I used my smallest steel cooker- Tiernan SOB-24" with internal firebox. Last of the three bags of Cowboy lump and a blend of apple-Mesquite-Pecan. 2.5 hours at 275-300*, 45" wrapped- 20 minutes unrwapped. Probed tender and allowed to rest with strings cut. Dayuum- thank you unknown Brethren- outstanding.

Last edited:
Could you elaborate on the difference? I have never liked the results of my bb cooks.

Juicy tender and didn't taste like pork chops. The juices rose to the top and I guess self basted. Crazy. When I do BB's I always buy the smallest racks. It worked on this tie cook as well.

Last edited:
Perfect cook. I ate both End pieces and a couple spaced out. The only pit maneuver (pun intended) I made was rotate the ribs (spin the perforated foil) I temp' it in the middle same time so probed for tenderness.

Now for the "downside". Not for me. Bride likes sweet/spicy gooey glazed ribs. Like Sriracha/brown sugar/butter or honey/black pepper.

I've several ideas how to do that, none as easy as cooking them flat or hanging

Last edited:
I feel like I have to be numerous beers deep to understand your thread titles adams.

Nice looking cook though

These Babyback came out just the way I like them. Wife likes hers @sauced@.
But she ate 4, um not quite out of the doghouse, but Im facing the right direction. This small 24" Tiernan SOB cooker loaded correctly gets about 4 hours cook time. I could probably do 4 racks of BB's rolled up like this.

Honestly I had almost given up on BB. They are back in the line up. Still going to go with the smallest racks I can find though.

Last edited:
Back