Ribs & a Rib Tater Smash

HogGrog

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Greg
Two racks of IBP brand spare ribs smoked on the offset with oak and almond for about 6 hours at 250*. One rack seasoned with SirPorkalot rib rub and the other with Oakridge Secret Weapon. No wrap, no sauce. Spritzed occasionally with ACV and water.

Forgot to get plated or sliced pics but the smoke ring was deep and purty. The family enjoyed both racks but was split down the middle on preference; two for SirPorkalot and two for Secret Weapon. My son refused to vote saying he needed a few more racks of each to make a call, that’s my boy!!

A couple night later I used the remaining ribs in cast iron-cooked Tater Smash done on the PK360. Thanks.

Attachments

• ECB4BE19-BB62-4B93-B08F-A5D92CD8BFC4.jpg
    ECB4BE19-BB62-4B93-B08F-A5D92CD8BFC4.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 206
  • 2CF36146-E8CE-4565-A143-889D56A09CDD.jpg
    2CF36146-E8CE-4565-A143-889D56A09CDD.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 4D7A2DA8-84E3-4C6D-B1BB-C6E1E1C704DF.jpg
    4D7A2DA8-84E3-4C6D-B1BB-C6E1E1C704DF.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 205
Great looking bones and that tater smash looks phenomenal!!! What all is in that?

Thanks!

Whole spuds covered in oil and then seasoned with your choice of rub. Onto the grill with indirect medium heat until done and soft.

Now the fun part - put taters in a cast iron or other pan and use a second smaller pan, hand, plate, anything to smash taters flat and make an even layer across the pan. Oh yeah, add butter to pan before smashing and more on top.

After that I add chopped veggies - onions, bell peppers, jalapeños, tomatoes and/or salsa etc...and then any leftover meat and smother in cheese. Back on the pit until heated and cheese has melted! Add hot sauce, salsa, sour cream...Many ways to do it and usually depends on what is in the fridge.

So the wife just busted me "You are always looking at other peoples racks" just can't help myself when I see a nice rack :-D Great spuds too

Thanks!

Whole spuds covered in oil and then seasoned with your choice of rub. Onto the grill with indirect medium heat until done and soft.

Now the fun part - put taters in a cast iron or other pan and use a second smaller pan, hand, plate, anything to smash taters flat and make an even layer across the pan. Oh yeah, add butter to pan before smashing and more on top.

After that I add chopped veggies - onions, bell peppers, jalapeños, tomatoes and/or salsa etc...and then any leftover meat and smother in cheese. Back on the pit until heated and cheese has melted! Add hot sauce, salsa, sour cream...Many ways to do it and usually depends on what is in the fridge.

Thanks for this - I’m definitely going to give it a shot

Back