Rolling Ribs On A Monday

nice way to start the week! do you find Hog Waller a little salty? i think i over-did it on my first try.

I’ve not noticed, but I’ll pay more attention this time. My taste buds usually will notice sugar before salt. I’ll stealth interrogate The Bride when we eat and obtain her thoughts.

I’ve not noticed, but I’ll pay more attention this time. My taste buds usually will notice sugar before salt. I’ll stealth interrogate The Bride when we eat and obtain her thoughts.

"stealth interrogate"...i think you need to write that book that Toast is never gonna complete. :thumb:

Whew...you scared me. When I first glanced at the title of this post I thought it said 'Boiling Ribs on a Monday'

Looks excellent Adams!
I can't get over your green grass. Nice! :cool:

Full disclosure- Rogelio gets the credit on grooming, we just fertilize , insect control and set timer on sprinkler:))

Last edited:
nice way to start the week! do you find Hog Waller a little salty? i think i over-did it on my first try.

Bride did not mention salt. She did mention the lighter smoke taste. No complaints just noticeably lighter. She ate them no sauce. I ended up going 4.5 hours. They were softer in texture than preferred. Almost like restaurant ribs. Not bad, just different. Like restaurants with lots of things on their menu other than ribs.

Taste A-
Texture B-
Presentation while cooking A+

If you have or want to use a small cooker rolling is an excellent method. You could probably get six racks of baby backs on a single rack WSM. I could easily get 4-5 on my Tiernan SOB 24”

Last edited:
If you have or want to use a small cooker rolling is an excellent method. You could probably get six racks of baby backs on a single rack WSM. I could easily get 4-5 on my Tiernan SOB 24”
Used to roll them on a WSM 18.5, wasn't my preferred way to cook them, added a hanging kit and never looked back.

Back