THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was just hoping to see the site layout. The # of teams was just shear curiousity. BTW...When you gonna put that beautiful new Spicewine in your tag line?:cool:

Sending my check in tomorrows mail - looking forward to my first comp of the year - nothing like waiting until the bitter end..........

Thanks sled. I saw it and now have to figure out how to get there. Scott

If you're towing a smoker, you'll need to stay off parkways. Following is the reverse of how we get to New Paltz:

1) Thruway south to Newburgh-Beacon exit.
2) 84 over the Newburgh-Beacon bridge to 684 at Brewster
3) 684 south to 287 east
4) 287 to 95 south to NYC to I-295, Throgs Neck Bridge
5) Follow signs to Clearview Expressway as you come off the bridge
6) Clearview to LIE (495) East
7) LIE to exit 59 Ocean Ave
8) South on Ocean Ave. It will turn into Lakeland Ave after the intersection with Peconic Ave, Lakeland will turn into Railroad Ave at the railroad tracks in Sayville. Railroad Ave takes you right to the park, which is on your left after you cross the intersection with Rt. 27A, Montauk Hwy.

Last edited:
If you're towing a smoker, you'll need to stay off parkways. Following is the reverse of how we get to New Paltz:

1) Thruway south to Newburgh-Beacon exit.
2) 84 over the Newburgh-Beacon bridge to 684 at Brewster
3) 684 south to 287 east
4) 287 to 95 south to NYC to I-295, Throgs Neck Bridge
5) Follow signs to Clearview Expressway as you come off the bridge
6) Clearview to LIE (495) East
7) LIE to exit 59 Ocean Ave
8) South on Ocean Ave. It will turn into Lakeland Ave after the intersection with Peconic Ave, Lakeland will turn into Railroad Ave at the railroad tracks in Sayville. Railroad Ave takes you right to the park, which is on your left after you cross the intersection with Rt. 27A, Montauk Hwy.

Perfect.

A cot will fit in the trailer behinf gthe futon. Sleeping bag is a good idea too.

Phil, the futon, the trailer, dark outside :eek::icon_bugeyed Actually the last time we did this, I think we each got a max of two hours sleep. So it'll be interesting. Phil, we doing grilling too? Scott

Back