THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZBQ 4th? :becky:

The GC and RGC were an exact tie, and Lakeside won the tiebreaker. 3rd and 4th were less than a point apart. iQue's 5th was just a couple of points back from us. Very close, and a lot of fun at a great venue.

The public turnout on Sunday seemed like it always is, but Saturday it was a ghost town with the airshow just down the street. Hopefully there was enough for the organizers to do it next year. It's a really nice location for a contest. (Water you can drink would be nice though...)

whats the tie breaker?

Thanks everyone! Congrats to Feeding Friendz for Reserve and all who walked.

whats the tie breaker?

There is a procedure built into the KCBS scoring system in place for ties. I don't know the entire sequence but it starts off by bringing back the dropped score, if it's still a tie they use just the taste scores, then tenderness, and so on. Then the dreaded 'coin toss'. Talking to the reps it never made it to the coin toss. But still, that could have gone either way!

-Mike

Don't know Mike but was introduced on Saturday night and the 1st thing he did was pour me some most delicious beer. Then on Sunday morning he went around and wished all the teams good luck. Total class act, congrats to Lakeside and everyone who competed.

We need some jerks to start competing so I can be all PO'd about them winning. :-D

ZBQ -> First chicken FIRST!?

Yup. We have had a lot of top ten chickens, took 2nd at Mainely last year, but this was our first 1st for chicken. I was rather surprised, I thought it was one of the worst chicken turn ins we have done. :doh:

With a 3rd in pork and brisket, thought we might have a shot at GC/RGC but our ribs were 30th. :tsk:

Congrats to Lakeside for getting 1st in the Kingsford Points Chase. :clap: I'm not sure how Mike is gonna get that HUGE 6 foot long check into an ATM though. :becky:

Same way. Drop the low score from each category, go through Taste scores for all four, if still tied, Tenderness for all four, if still tied, Appearance for all four. If it's still tied, then they use the highest of the dropped scores from each contestant and go through the dropped scores until the tie is broken. If it's STILL not broken it will do a coin toss.

A coin toss is a VERY rare occurrence.

Last edited:
Back