THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.
Premium

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
Finally had a chance to do a low and slow with a couple of racks of ribs on the WSM today. Lots of cold beer and lots of time.

My Wife (LuzziAnn) had bought a couple of racks of spare ribs on sale for $1.49 a lb. I trimmed them St. Louis style and used Simply Marvelous Cherry rub along with some Kosher salt to prep them:

20u4ymb.jpg

Fired up the Mighty 18.5 WSM and getting it up to temp. Got a few mods on this rig. A Canjun Bandit SS door and probe grommet along with Stanley garage door handles for lifting. Hard to see in the pic but Also used the grill temp probe for the Maverick ET-732. There is a piece of #8 aluminum wire stuck in the hole of the Stanley handle which works quite well for hanging the Maverick transmitter. Had to have some music while the magic was happening because the WSM just Kept on Chooglin':

etv5av.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azt-0StLZOk"]Creedence Clearwater Revival - Keep On Chooglin' (Live At Woodstock 69').m2ts - YouTube[/ame]

About 6 hours in ready to pull. The Beer was good but the lighting was bad. Also notice the rib tips on the lower rack. We trim the meat and use in BBQ beans, salads etc.

2z4bwc5.jpg

Meanwhile LuzziAnn wet to making sides and a killer sauce we use on all our pork when I can get her to make it. Used the last of the Maple Syrup Brother Diesel Dave sent. Chipotle Maple BBQ sauce! Here's the recipe:

1. [FONT=&quot]2 chipotles in adobo, seeded [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]1/2 cup ketchup [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]1/4 cup pure maple syrup [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]3 tablespoons cider vinegar [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened [/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients and puree until smooth. Scrape into a small saucepan and simmer for 2 minutes, until glossy. Use on chicken, pork and beef. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Make Ahead [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A Big Thanks to Brethren Moose for showing us what a Chipotle even is! :biggrin1:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
8zpqnb.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
2ptscxz.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Off and resting:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
fbjdok.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Plated and ready to GO![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
vpx2jn.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for Lookin' :razz:
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Toast, those are some very nice looking ribs, good carmelization on the crust, the meat looks tender and juicy, it just flakes where it's cut, nice smoke ring and the right amount of sticky. Well done, brother, especially for a WSM. :tongue:

:thumb:

Back