THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So from your perspective should I be even looking at some big heavy over the top 18" CI grate? Maybe you'd think it OK for thinner pieces of meat like under 1" steaks and chops, but for thick steaks there may be too much searing

So from your perspective should I be even looking at some big heavy over the top 18" CI grate? Maybe you'd think it OK for thinner pieces of meat like under 1" steaks and chops, but for thick steaks there may be too much searing

hahaha, you can never have too many eggcessories imo. take money out of the equation and i'm buying everything in site.

i do think on thinner cuts it would be great, but i'm not so sure about thicker steaks and larger cuts of meat.

on thing that helps is making sure your meat is at least at room temp and while i've never personally done it, hot tubbing sounds like a pretty good idea on nice thick steaks.

The BGE ast iron grates are great. If you do not like the idea of moving pieces in & out of the egg during the cook just get the 18" cast iron grate from your BGE dealer.

Back