The New Blackstone Grill + Kabob Grill--Unboxing and details

Great review Sako, really looking forward to seeing you cooking on it!

Heck I'll give you my old dump truck for a couple of skewers... delivery might be a problem though!

Great review sir.
Looking forward to your cook and further testing!
Just curious about your reasoning for not liking the charcoal bin?

Great review Sako, really looking forward to seeing you cooking on it!

Heck I'll give you my old dump truck for a couple of skewers... delivery might be a problem though!

Lol, delivery kills it each time doesn't it?:grin:

Thanks Norm!

Great review sir.
Looking forward to your cook and further testing!
Just curious about your reasoning for not liking the charcoal bin?

Thanks Melissa! I actually do like the charcoal bin. It's the charcoal door on the front I don't like. More prone to air leaks.

Nice review Sako! I've never seen a cooker like that. Looking forward to seeing more of your mouth watering cooks! On yet another cooker! :becky:

Just got back from my brothers - the metal is indeed thin and about like my BS pizza oven so no biggie I guess. He said the crank for the charcoal grate was already bent too. :twitch: Still, it looks like it'll do the trick and he said he's going to try some lamb and chicken kabobs this weekend.

I gave him a bag of kingsford competition and some starter cubes to get him going :thumb:

Put mine together tonight - Could not wait until tomorrow!

Instructions say all you need is a cresent wrench and a Phillips screw driver - BS, use a 1/4" metric socket set and wrench. 10 mm and 8 mm. disappointed it has no flat or lock washers so you have to be extra careful when tightening - that's why just a 1/4" ratchet.

One skewer lifts out of the holder running empty and they all seem high but maybe I can adjust the drive to correct this.

It will leak badly but I think it will be OKI for Kabobs and grill if not using all 11 kabobs. I don't think I would use it for just a grill but I'll give it a chance and try it out.

I am excited to get some Kabobs going this weekend. I see surf and turf in the future!

Put mine together tonight - Could not wait until tomorrow!

Instructions say all you need is a cresent wrench and a Phillips screw driver - BS, use a 1/4" metric socket set and wrench. 10 mm and 8 mm. disappointed it has no flat or lock washers so you have to be extra careful when tightening - that's why just a 1/4" ratchet.

One skewer lifts out of the holder running empty and they all seem high but maybe I can adjust the drive to correct this.

It will leak badly but I think it will be OKI for Kabobs and grill if not using all 11 kabobs. I don't think I would use it for just a grill but I'll give it a chance and try it out.

I am excited to get some Kabobs going this weekend. I see surf and turf in the future!

Nice!!

Play with the drive to see if you can adjust it. I ran mine empty also and all 11 were fine. If anything their CS is lightning fast. I already rec'd my replacement handle. 3 days after sending them an email the replacement is in my hand.

Pretty sure it's going to leak also but good thing about kabobs is they're done in 20-30 mins max so no harm, no foul. :grin: This is strictly a kabob grill for me as well.

just a layer of KBB in the basket at lowest setting and vents open this thing hit 700°.

I see it has potential for a steak searing machine also! Especially if you raise the coal bed up close!

View attachment 126928

Last edited:
i hope that thermometer is accurate unlike those webers.

just a layer of KBB in the basket at lowest setting and vents open this thing hit 700°.

I see it has potential for a steak searing machine also! Especially if you raise the coal bed up close!

View attachment 126928

Holy sh*t! I think I fed way too much charcoal to this thing. :becky:

TrVxfaGh.png

o972O0Jh.png

ordq3Igh.jpg

CaX4aUGh.png

XDVVbXQh.png

cSuFFnPh.png

Pork belly, pork butt chunks, wangs, lam chops. Guuuuuud!!

XyRLbCih.png

Kabobs look good, as does the steak.

So, charcoal grate lowered all the way down and burns through the ash pan?

Did it say what the capacity of the motor is? I'd imagine it's 20 lbs or so though. Anyways I'll have a way to spin things like 2 baskets with it for times you don't want to do kabobs... or do whole chickens etc...

Back