The New Blackstone Grill + Kabob Grill--Unboxing and details

That ash pan doesn't look deep enough to hold fire bricks but maybe placing some ceramic tiles in there would attenuate that heat enough so it lessens the likelihood of burning out the pan - maybe???

Fire bricks came to mind also but pan is not deep enough. Tiles maybe?? It's going to my bro's and I think he's going to reinforce it with a thicker gauage scrap metal at his shop. He's got some ideas on making it more solid. Honestly, after cooking on it yesterday you'll be fine leaving it alone but def wouldn't hurt reinforcing it.

That's why mine is going to my brother's after the excitement wore off. :becky: I don't have room either. Honestly I like the grill a lot but I have a Santa Maria and skewers and since my brother wanted one I offered to give it to him. I'll miss the the roti though.

zoDTc71h.png

So......................does your brother arm wrestle? :wink: :grin:

I like to leg wrestle. Seriously, I've got two blackstone's but I'm going to wait for a few more reviews on this one. Thanks!

I have heard good thing about Blackstone customer service.

I sent an email on Sunday and did not expect a response until Monday of which I did get.

A message that she would need to check R&D as they had a unit at a show and used it none stop with no problems and asking for proof of purchase.

A reasonable request. I sent a pdf of the receipt about noon on Monday and have not heard back from them. I did send another email early this morning and did not get a response?

It is all clean and ready to either install replacement parts or package for return. At this point I am glad I bought through Amazon Prime.

I have heard good thing about Blackstone customer service.

I sent an email on Sunday and did not expect a response until Monday of which I did get.

A message that she would need to check R&D as they had a unit at a show and used it none stop with no problems and asking for proof of purchase.

A reasonable request. I sent a pdf of the receipt about noon on Monday and have not heard back from them. I did send another email early this morning and did not get a response?

It is all clean and ready to either install replacement parts or package for return. At this point I am glad I bought through Amazon Prime.

That's surprising to hear. I've always had super fast service from them. My co-worker was also complaining about no response on an igniter issue she was having with her griddle.

I'd forward you last email to them or option two.

SD and ssv3 great reviews guys and really impressive cooks. I hope there will be improvements on the horizon from Blackstone, may be prudent to wait until 2.0 is released. Thanks for posting.

It's still with me before it goes to my brother and I did another cook with way less charcoal. It worked way better this last time. I'm noticing it's very efficient and hardly uses fuel. Once you close the intakes and lid, plenty of leftover fuel after you're done. I'll post a few pics later.

Update - I was in contact with them today. They were looking into the issue with their R&D team and they were able to replicate the problem.

They are sending me a new crank and nut with a high temp lubricant on it and want me to provide feedback on how it works along with a gift for working with them to resolve the problem

I am happy to do this and get Bob back in action! Round two coming up!

Good to hear they took care of you. I'll give my brother a heads up as he's experiencing a similar issue.

That being said he's pretty happy with it and has used it everyday this week. (Helps the weather here in the PNW has been perfect :clap2:)

The new parts arrived last week but I was away until late Saturday.... OK early Sunday.

I put it together on Sunday. worked the grease as much as I could and put a chimney of coals in. With it hot I worked the basket up and down full range many times and the grease evened out on the threads pretty good.

Found a NY in the freezer and cooked it up carne crosta style to not waste a good warm grill.

View attachment 127747

View attachment 127748

View attachment 127749

A tad bit more done than I like but still good.. Maybe over cooked cranking the basket up and down too muck LOL

So far the Blackstone fix work pretty good. Had full range of motion all through the heat up and cook

Here is the crank all lubed up

View attachment 127750

Last edited:
The new parts arrived last week but I was away until late Saturday.... OK early Sunday.

I put it together on Sunday. worked the grease as much as I could and put a chimney of coals in. With it hot I worked the basket up and down full range many times and the grease evened out on the threads pretty good.

Found a NY in the freezer and cooked it up carne crosta style to not waste a good warm grill.

View attachment 127747

View attachment 127748

View attachment 127749

A tad bit more done than I like but still good.. Maybe over cooked cranking the basket up and down too muck LOL

So far the Blackstone fix work pretty good. Had full range of motion all through the heat up and cook

Here is the crank all lubed up

View attachment 127750

Man, that looks tasty SD! Thanks for the post!

Looks awesome SD. While my brother's dragging his feet on picking up the grill, I've been doing some cooks on it and I can say that I really like it now that I figured out the charcoal ratio.

After seeing mine I've had two people pull the trigger on the spot. LOL I'm told that I'm a bad influence.:becky:

Here's the last cook. Funny thing is I cooked steaks also. It barely uses any charcoal and still gets searing temps.

First some lamb chops. Literally in minutes

iqUc2bEh.png

fYOkfkPh.png

Cavemen style home dry aged ribeyes

xrJ8buAh.png

llHO3H1h.png

Had some wagyus so gave that a go also

85YIYckh.png

YtaxQ4sh.png

d0Y3CzZh.png

brother sako I think you could could cook an egg on a piece of dog crap and I would say...

I"D HIT THAT!

Back