THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Costco here in Richmond, VA had brisket at $5/LB last I looked. Ugly bidness....

And 1.99 has been making me say no to fundraisers using this meat.... Heck, I have been passing off pork butt (albeit heavily modified with one of my secrets) as bbq here. Let me clarify that... when you say BBQ here in Texas people ASSUME its beef... lately, in the last I guess 20 years in my town people just shred for charities... probably to get more yield...

So I make the Carolina Sandwich (which essentially is chopped only with the bone to a VERY course chunky mass) and people come up to me and say "thats the best Beef BBQ Sandwich I ever had. Pulled Pork is more foreign than Cuban Pork here... they don't even KNOW its pork... well... when I mix beef stock powder in the rub and add balsamic to the final mix.

That's so true, a lot of people in TX, at least way down here don't even know what pulled pork is... :oops:

Kinda funny that you've been adding beef stock to your pork to make em think it's beef. Never would of thought to do that...:laugh:

That's so true, a lot of people in TX, at least way down here don't even know what pulled pork is... :oops:

Kinda funny that you've been adding beef stock to your pork to make em think it's beef. Never would of thought to do that...:laugh:

Let me clarify again... I am not telling them its beef really... It is sort of advertised as a "barbecue" lol and I simply don't specify what meat the sandwich is unless they specifically ask... if they assume its beef, lol...

i add beef stock (powder) to the rub.

It's funny because around here, if someone says "let's go get BBQ" it is always referring to pulled pork, never beef.

I have now passed off my modified pulled pork unknowingly to 5 GROUPS OF EATERS who never once suspected it was pork. They were all (about 340) impressed. Pork is so foreign here when I say bbq sandwiches they just assume it was incredibly stellar chopped beef. LOL

Brisket is sky high thats why.

I will also be spending some quality time on this thread. Great work

Back