THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TexArlinaBBQ, that chicken looks glorious!! I'm ex-Air Force as well and will be ordering that badge!! Can't wait!!

I agree with Deebo. Great lookin chicken and PBC. Here's mine....

Attachments

• 20150607_190349.jpg
    20150607_190349.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 254
I'm surprised no one has tried the smoked bourbon pecan pie! Lol. Actually I did another one, a smoked rum pecan pie. Turned out great! Better than the bourbon in my opinion, but I'm more of a rum fan than bourbon so that may be why.

Here's the recipe if you wanna try.... do everything as described but cook it in your PBC at 350 (you'll need a thermometer to monitor the PBC temp) add a few chunks of pecan wood (or whatever you want) to get the smoky flavor.

http://www.karosyrup.com/Recipe/Rum_Pecan_Pie

Last edited:
My PBC gets ordered on Tuesday! I'm SO pumped. I've already started pricing briskest at my local big stores. I'll break it in with a couple racks of ribs, then I'm doing a butt, then trying a big ol brisket. CANT WAIT!!!

My PBC gets ordered on Tuesday! I'm SO pumped. I've already started pricing briskest at my local big stores. I'll break it in with a couple racks of ribs, then I'm doing a butt, then trying a big ol brisket. CANT WAIT!!!

I had never cooked a brisket until I got my PBC. It does an awesome job!

Attachments

• 20150628_201711.jpg
    20150628_201711.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 20150628_202025.jpg
    20150628_202025.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 304
Do they come out "Aaron Franklin" tender?

I've never had an Aaron Franklin brisket but it was very tender. I hung it until it was about 160° internal. Then I wrapped it in foil (I did NOT put any liquid in the foil). I put it on the grate and cooked until about 200 and started probing. It was probe tender at about 205. Then I took it out of the PBC and into an ice chest with towels for an hour. It was very juicy and tender.

It's been a while since I cooked that one. I'm doing another one soon. Possibly next weekend.

AClarke44, Aaron's rule is a slice cut pencil thick should hold up under its own weight when held up by one end, but should break apart easily when very slightly tugged on.

AClarke44, Aaron's rule is a slice cut pencil thick should hold up under its own weight when held up by one end, but should break apart easily when very slightly tugged on.

Yeah that's about how mine turned out. Very tender and juicy. You can see in the pic with the knife it's holding up well under its own weight yet it's bending very easily. I know Aaron Franklin uses butcher paper instead of foil. I plan to do that on my next cook.

Yeah that's about how mine turned out. Very tender and juicy. You can see in the pic with the knife it's holding up well under its own weight yet it's bending very easily. I know Aaron Franklin uses butcher paper instead of foil. I plan to do that on my next cook.

That's awesome!! You just got me more excited about doin a brisket!!

Here's pic of my PBC with a chicken, a pork butt and a chuck roast hanging.

stew1.jpg

I cooked this stuff for making a stew, but it goes to illustrate that all hanging meats can live together in harmony on the PBC!

Andrew that brisket sure looks tender..I am saving up to buy a brisket. lol Is that coice or prime ?Thingfish that looks like some good things hanging. Just wondering how the chuck turned out ?

The chuckie turned out fine, nice and tender. It was foiled with a bit of beef broth. I pulled and shredded it for a stew I made, but I did sneak some nibbles as well!

Andrew that brisket sure looks tender..I am saving up to buy a brisket. lol Is that coice or prime ?Thingfish that looks like some good things hanging. Just wondering how the chuck turned out ?

It was a choice brisket. I don't typically buy prime cuts of beef. Choice is my preference for good flavor but not overly expensive.

My PBC is ORDERED!! Unfortunately, in my ordering haste, I forgot to include that I wanted the Air Force badge so when I called Noah to try to add it, the cooker was already on the truck to be shipped. Kinda bummed about that but still super pumped to get the cooker!

Congratulations - it's on its way! Now enter the UPS tracking number on the tracking website and hit:

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

:p

You could always "ensnare" a friend or neighbor, sell them yours and then order the Air Force badged unit.

Last edited:
Back