THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I too like the horseshoe effect. It takes away from the PBC IMO deleting them off the stand to cut cost (thought the same thing).

As far as the lid, my v1 PBC's lid fit like glove but when I rec'd V2 I had to literally force the lid down on the barrel with my full body weight to get it air tight. Opening it back up was another thing. My buddy ordered his around the same time as mine so definitely a possibly of a bad batch of barrels. Who knows?

The replacement is perfect again.

Wow I definitely don't have that problem. My lid on the V2 PBC fits "like a glove" as you described for your V1......actually better than my V1 Lid did, but I bought the V1 used and I think the lid had been dropped.

I can give you some advice on that. I cooked for a block party this summer and hung all the meat including chicken breast.

It's the same for grilling but I suggest to brine them for a few hours using something like a ratio of 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 brown sugar and 1 cup kosher salt, also jaccarded them before the brine. Then hung them for probably 1/2 hour...forgot how hot i was cooking but probably around 350* and pulled them around 160 IT. Sliced them on the bias and mixed up some chicken stock, butter and wine bath for them. People went ape crazy on the breast and i have to cook twice the amount next year.

My plan was to find some large ones with the skin on preferably. I was going to inject them like I normally do when I do whole chickens. Then I was going to hang them as per usual and start checking the internal temp about an hour in.

My plan was to find some large ones with the skin on preferably. I was going to inject them like I normally do when I do whole chickens. Then I was going to hang them as per usual and start checking the internal temp about an hour in.

I'm a big fan of injecting as well, although chicken breast can benefit from brine big time. The rub can be added to the brine for some of that flavor inside.

Hi all!! I just started lurking a couple weeks ago and read this entire thread during the approval process. I finally got the ok so I figured I might as well speak up and say hi. I currently only have a Brinkmann electric smoker which somewhat gets the job done but, as everyone knows, it sucks for temp regulation. I'll be upgrading to a PBC in the next couple weeks and am SO pumped to do as much as I can with that thing before winter gets here! I'm a professional photographer so I look forward to posting some pron here that'll make ya hungry!!

Last edited:
Hi all!! I just started lurking a couple weeks ago and read this entire thread during the approval process. I finally got the ok so I figured I might as well speak up and say hi. I currently only have a Brinkmann electric smoker which somewhat gets the job done but, as everyone knows, it sucks for temp regulation. I'll be upgrading to a PBC in the next couple weeks and am SO pumped to do as much as I can with that thing before winter gets here! I'm a professional photographer so I look forward to posting some pron here that'll make ya hungry!!

Welcome to the PBC Club! I'm looking forward to seeing those pics you are talking about when you get your PBC and start cooking. :thumb:

Welcome Deebo...when you start cooking on the PBC your electric Brinkmann will most likely be for sale. You are going to love it !!! Can't wait to see some pictures of the food from the PBC.

Welcome Deebo...when you start cooking on the PBC your electric Brinkmann will most likely be for sale. You are going to love it !!! Can't wait to see some pictures of the food from the PBC.

I decided that the Brinkmann will be my dedicated salmon smoker. I'll use the PBC for everything else. Plus, I can play around with modding the crap outta the Brinkmann and not feel bad if I screw something up! I can't wait to get my new toy. The last pork butt I did took almost nine hours in the Brinkmann. I'm looking forward to cutting that in half.

Ok fellas I'm wanting to branch out and try something new on my PBC. I was thinking I would like to try doing rack of lamb. I never done that before on any cooker let alone the PBC. Anyone have any tips or tricks on their rack of lamb PBC cooks? The only thing I found online was Noah's suggestions for rack of lamb.

I've never done lamb. I'd just follow Noah's instructions for the first time then modify as you see fit from there if you do it again. Good luck and post pics! :thumb:

Has anyone tried to smoke a pork shoulder or brisket without wrapping it? How much extra time ended up being added to the cook? How did it affect moisture?

Has anyone tried to smoke a pork shoulder or brisket without wrapping it? How much extra time ended up being added to the cook? How did it affect moisture?

Haven't heard of anyone doing that in the PBC, but try one and let us know! :thumb:

I have tried brisket unwrapped, I am thinking it adds a couple of hours to the cook... I prefer wrapped with a little cooking juice, but try one for yourself and let us know what you think

Haven't heard of anyone doing that in the PBC, but try one and let us know! :thumb:

I have tried brisket unwrapped, I am thinking it adds a couple of hours to the cook... I prefer wrapped with a little cooking juice, but try one for yourself and let us know what you think

I'll be ordering my PBC next week so I'm gonna do a pork shoulder the instructed way to break it in and make sure I have the intake opening set correctly and get used to using it. After that, I'll do another one without wrapping it and take note of the differences in time and the overall outcome of the meat and I'll report back. I'll probably wrap in foil for this experiment but I've wanted to start wrapping in butcher paper so I'm gonna go that route afterwards when I do my first brisket.

I know you can't wait..and we can't wait to see some pictures of your cooks. Be sure to check out Noah's videos and go by his instructions the first few cooks.

I have done almost all of my pork butts on pbc without wrapping.
9-10 pound butt typically takes about 10 hours with no wrapping and have had excellent results!

New PBC owner today

Got my PBC today and couldn't be happier. Only got to do a short cook today...being on night shift sucks. Chicken quarters were delicious. Can't wait to hang some ribs, pull some pork, and slice some brisket from the PBC!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 266
Back