THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulled and juiciness... What more could you ask for right? I was hoping this would be as good as some PP I had up at smoke ninja's place... OMG good...

This definitely doesn't need the finishing sauce although nothing wrong with spooning some on a sammie. I just wanna be able to taste good pork Ya know? Did something a little different for a spoon on sauce, grape jelly simmered with some valentina hot sauce. lol Just for something different and it was pretty good actually.

Hope you can see how juicy it is.

Looks awesome. Way to go. How much liquid were you able to catch underneath. I think that was a great idea on this one
Thanks dawg!

I think I caught it all with the exception of what rolls around and self bastes which contributes to the bark. Periodically through the cook though i'd keep adding water so it didn't burn up because the water was definitely simmering down there. lol

Looks like a great batch! I'm doing a small one Sunday, maybe I'll spin it instead of on the grate.
Absolutely, there's something about that self basting.

Looks great. Slaw on top....totally approve :thumb:
Thanks! Never did slaw before until I joined this site and now I do it quite often with PP

Burrito meat, for sure with a verde sauce. Some time I have to try the slaw thing.

So, how does the picnic compare to the typical shoulder cut?
Yea gotta say the burrito sounds good...I'll work on that.

The bad thing about the picnic is all the bone waste of space but the bones add flavor I think. The muscle strands are longer also.

Absolutely, there's something about that self basting.

Thanks! Never did slaw before until I joined this site and now I do it quite often with PP

Yea gotta say the burrito sounds good...I'll work on that.

The bad thing about the picnic is all the bone waste of space but the bones add flavor I think. The muscle strands are longer also.

Flavor wise?

I hear you with the no sauce thing, I like eating Carnitas plain , just tasting the pork.
:thumb: I gotta get a spinner!

Back