Pellets-Smokehouse Blend

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I’ve seen this on my way back to Sam’s meat department. Ratings are pretty high. I used to visit Sam’s Meat aisle at least weekly, now it’s every 4-6 weeks. I’m down to two bags of their Members Mark Briquettes which I ended up really liking, however been using mostly lump in recent months
Just like my first pellet cooker I am working my way through various brands. Various B&B-Lumberjack Hickory-Bear Mountain Hickory on deck. So far my Pit Boss Austin XL has had zero issues with any particular brand.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/premium-...se-blend-40lbs/prod22631792?xid=plp_product_1

#smittyneedsapelletcooker

So do you see many/any differences in final product taste. I can certainly smell differences while smoking/grilling, not so sure about differences in the final product. At this point, I'm really liking LJ Pecan. But I already like pecan to start with.

You did miss 1 thing 16, it's not #smittyneedsapelletcooker. Its #smittywantsapelletcookerandwontadmitit.

Same here, I can’t tell a huge difference in the meats cooked with various pellets. It’s actually a nice thing to be able to taste seasoned meats with a hint of smoke.

Agree. Smitty needs to go ahead and ask that gal out.

I can't tell in difference of tasting the different woods (pellet wise), but I can tell a difference in the amount of smoke output. The 2 types of Cherry I have used (B&B and Lumberjack) don't put off as much as say Hickory. However, I haven't found any blend of pellets that I have been pleased with their amount of smoke.

I’ve seen this on my way back to Sam’s meat department. Ratings are pretty high. I used to visit Sam’s Meat aisle at least weekly, now it’s every 4-6 weeks. I’m down to two bags of their Members Mark Briquettes which I ended up really liking, however been using mostly lump in recent months
Just like my first pellet cooker I am working my way through various brands. Various B&B-Lumberjack Hickory-Bear Mountain Hickory on deck. So far my Pit Boss Austin XL has had zero issues with any particular brand.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/premium-...se-blend-40lbs/prod22631792?xid=plp_product_1

#smittyneedsapelletcooker

Been happy with those pellets plenty of times. Also agree, with a couple of notable exceptions like pure mesquite that you just don't taste much difference in pellet smoke flavor I believe due to how cleanly they burn.

Adams, it seems we are on a similar path; finding the right pellet fuel. Do let us know how those pellets are. I am testing with 4 different types from LJ currently.

I'll echo the same thought here; just want to taste the wood notes with that hint of smoke in the background, if possible.

I've been using the Sam's pellets for quite some time, around 2 years. They are the only thing I use in my Yoder and I'm very pleased with them. Also, the price point is fantastic, certainly recommended.

Thank Y’all, looks as if I’m destined to grab a bag next time I’m at Sam’s.

I been eyeing those pellets but I'm pretty stocked up and the pellet cooker has not been very busy lately

Back