THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt: The poster looks great! I went down to Tiger Lane today and the set up down there really is impressive. It is going to be a great MIM
Thanks
Mike G

Sweet looking poster and tees! I'll see you this time next week.

Thanks and for certain. Definitely swing by for a beverage or two and I'll introduce you to the crew.

Mike,
Thanks! I'll definitely be by to say hey to you guys. This year we'll actually show up for judging so you guys don't have to come tell us we missed our chance to walk in Ribs because we were still drinking and socializing at the tent. :doh:

Rivershot for the day:

Water is overlapping Tom Lee park and creeping up Beale now. "Bud Boogie Beach" and parts of that end of Mud Island are now underwater.

224020_10150177655515840_695500839_7417358_6367433_n.jpg

Also they've announced shuttle details for those with downtown reservations:
(thanks to Too Sauced To Pork For Posting):

To accommodate many of the out of town Festival goers and teams, there will be a shuttle set up along 2nd Street to transport people to and from the Fairgrounds.

Shuttle stops along 2nd St. include:
Exchange
Court Square
Madison
Beale

Shuttle Times:
Wed – 5pm to 11pm
Thurs & Fri – Noon to 1AM
Sat – Noon to 11PM

$5 to ride
Free to people with 24 hour park wristbands

Does anyone know if there will be water hookups for all sites or do we have to cart water from a few central locations?

Thanks
Ed

I know all "tiger lane" spots have their own water. I'm assuming they will have water sources for the other teams. If for some reason you can't get water elsewhere feel free to come by our spot. It's a hike but a reliable backup.

On the rd at 1pm tomorrow pullin the new rig just got her back from PA and on to MIM.Man its going to be a long hall towing this 7000lb box. Se ya there!!
IMG_20110506_194050.jpg

IMG_20110506_194023.jpg

Matt: Dropped our camper, equipment trailer, and offset smoker today. We will putting tents up tomarrow. We came by to see you guys but you had already left. Lots more time to party!
Thanks
Mike G

Awful quiet in here leading up to gameday.

Everyone loaded in? Let's get some pics of the setup?

I've started streaming pics of gear and whatnot at http://twitter.com/slabyomama for those who want to play along.

Looks like we're going to load in the major stuff tuesday with the rest coming in Wednesday. Our trailer is in place and that's about it thus far. We're holding off on dropping all the good stuff till we get a day or two closer to showtime.

How's everyone else doing?

Awful quiet in here leading up to gameday.

Everyone loaded in? Let's get some pics of the setup?

I've started streaming pics of gear and whatnot at http://twitter.com/slabyomama for those who want to play along.

Looks like we're going to load in the major stuff tuesday with the rest coming in Wednesday. Our trailer is in place and that's about it thus far. We're holding off on dropping all the good stuff till we get a day or two closer to showtime.

How's everyone else doing?

We are right beside you, Boss Pit and Extreme BBQ Trailers. R36 is the space number for those that want to stop by and say hello.

We are right beside you, Boss Pit and Extreme BBQ Trailers. R36 is the space number for those that want to stop by and say hello.

EXCELLENT! I walked over and said hello to a couple people on Saturday morning but I was going on about 2.5 hours of sleep so I don't remember. I'll swing by and ask for you later this week to introduce myself. You guys look to have a pretty damn nice setup! Should be a good time. :thumb:

Last Flooding shot. Cresting tonight an inch or so above this level. Beale and Riverside WELL underwater. Everyone stay safe this week leading up to the festival

222752_1688207130782_1405805974_31424543_3451205_n.jpg

I've been out there all day. Great time with great friends and the new venue was impressive. Relaxing tonight then back to shoot video tomorrow. Hope to share stuff soon!

Finalists

Shoulder Teams Planet Barbecue, Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q and Brown Chicken Brown Cow.

Whole Hog Category - Fatback Collective, Yazoo's Delta Q, and 10 Bones BBQ! Go Teams!

Rib finalists: Slabs A' Smokin, Quesin' Altitude, and Bubba Grills!

Patio Porker Finals are out! Congrats to The Bastey Boys, Dirty Hogs, and Fat Side Up!!

Grand Champion was Chris Lilly & Big Bob Gibson (I think)

The Norwegian National BBQ Team which I cook with took 1st in people's choice - what a RUSH!! Loved taking that walk to the stage - was awesome!!

Congrats to all who walked - enjoyed the new venue a LOT more than the old one - hope they continue to hold it there. Lots of great teams and good times!! Can't wait for next year!

Back