THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That Santa Maria is brilliant. First time buying it on my last order. Did a tri tip a week ago on my Santa Maria...just amazing. If I can a bag tonight after the manic calms, I would be happy.

-D

Terrible news. I have a solid supply of products, but just ordered a few more bags of my usual go to flavors.

I have bought nothing but Oakridge for years. Personally, I would pay double for anything Mike sells, simply due to the quality.

Best of luck to Mike, his family and their employees. Selfishly, I hope to see Oakridge back on the market VERY soon.

I am very sorry to hear they will be closing up shop. Mike is a great guy and was gracious enough to donate a large supply of his products for a fund raiser that I was a part of.

Everyone of his rubs that I tried are excellent. I haven't made a brisket or chuck roast without Black Ops in years. The Carne Crosta is fantastic on steaks and burgers and Saigon 21 is one of the most unique flavor enhancers I have ever used.

I will definitely be visiting the St Louis BBQ Store soon to stock up.

Good luck to you Mike on your future endeavors. May the peace of Christ be with you and your family.

Noooooooo!!!! I say that selfishly, but am thrilled to see Mike be able to go out with the peace of Christ :)

Oakridge rubs will be sorely missed by many!

Got the email as well, really a bummer for Mike and the rest of the people involved. Really going to miss his rubs — basically all I’ve used for years.

They should sell their recipes or just give them out. Gonna miss dominator.

If I was Mike, I would keep my recipes close to my chest. You never know when they will come in handy.

The sourcing is another issue. Even if you had the recipe, could you source what Mike did?

I am truly going to miss Oakridge. :cry:

If one would buy 1.5lb bags, how long would they stay fresh and what is the best way to keep them fresh?

Can't see a future with no Carne Crosta on my steaks. And my boys love SPOGOS and Santa Maria

If one would buy 1.5lb bags, how long would they stay fresh and what is the best way to keep them fresh?

Can't see a future with no Carne Crosta on my steaks. And my boys love SPOGOS and Santa Maria

I freeze a large portion of mine. Never noticed a decline in quality

Last edited:
If they plan to be out for good maybe they should consider selling recipes for higher price. Im sure all of us would stick to honor code and not share. They can bring in some extra $ that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad I got this recently...

P-20221020-115116.jpg

NOOOOOO!

That is too bad. I like a bunch of their stuff. I will have to grab a few for the last time.

Back