THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wonder why he didn't just raise the prices to the point where they would be profitable again. We still would have paid.
On another note I have a full 1 lb. bag minus one tb of Carne Crosta to trade for Black Ops or Spogos. Gonna be a black market in this stuff!

Same here. Anyone that tasted my bbq automatically wanted to know what I used. I gave them the website and they ordered right away. Mind you that these were non bbq folks falling in love.

Same here. Carne Crosta has been my secret weapon when having quests over for steaks. over the last 5 years I've had multiple people tell me my steaks were the best they ever had. I attribute it to the rub. There's only so many ways to cook a steak. These rubs are what elevated everything to the next level.

Same here. Carne Crosta has been my secret weapon when having quests over for steaks. over the last 5 years I've had multiple people tell me my steaks were the best they ever had. I attribute it to the rub. There's only so many ways to cook a steak. These rubs are what elevated everything to the next level.

I hear you. I’m strictly s&p on beef and carne crosta was the only exception. The scent immediately following the opening of the rubs was intoxicating. Almost like perfume off a beautiful woman.

Bummer!

Tried to get a bag of black ops off amazon, said there were 7 bags left, they were gone by the time I was trying to check out. I did get one bad of dominator rib rub.

Dont know what else to say other than this completely sucks.
I wish Mike well in whatever lies in front of him.

Sad to hear. I really enjoyed Mike's rubs. Carne Crosta was my favorite. I just ordered 3 pounds.

Best of luck in whatever new endeavor you undertake, Mike!

Last edited:
This really sucks. I just got an order last month. Everything that I have ever ordered has been top notch. Never a problem with a delivery. Wow, this really sucks. Well, I will certainly order more just to show my appreciation.

So sorry to see this today. Have turned many friends on to Oakriidge over the years and always bought extra for gifts etc. Also really appreciate the nut free aspect of the line as our son has a tree nut allergy. Just placed an order and was just fine waiting a bit. Will be missed-

I hate to hear this. Definitely some of the finest seasonings I've ever used. On the bright side Mike said he is not selling the brand or company so fingers crossed that it might return in better times. Best wishes to the folks at Oakridge BBQ. Awesome product.

The site is slow but working - put in a healthy order despite still having half of my last order. Hate to hear this news, been a long time customer and like many of you; everybody that asked 'what did you put on this..' became an Oakridge customer the next day. Good luck Mike, you are loved and you'll be missed. Hope your journey brings you back 'round this way some day. You have an unwavering base of support without a doubt that would welcome you back.

I had to make a quick stop at the local BBQ shop after work.

PXL-20221103-214043996.jpg

The BBQ shop said they've had calls and emails nonstop about it.

I wish the Oakridge owner the best with future plans!

Back