No Reason To Ruin Ribs

To respond to the masses.... I took offense to some posters claiming that my technique was nasty. Not that they didn't just agree with wrapping but... "Nasty". See where I'm going here. People got personal. Me, I'm scrappy and I like a good fight. My motives for this post was to help out "Any one" that was having a hard time with ribs. Nothing less, nothing more. Carry on...

I'd also like to note... My favorite eating rib is memphis style dry. To me, Competition is to rich tasting for eating at the house and... I don't like getting sticky. Since I'm on Keto, I can't be eating all those sweet sauces.

I'm curious then..why would you evangelize a recipe you don't care for and won't eat? Not looking for a fight, just trying to understand.

To respond to the masses.... I took offense to some posters claiming that my technique was nasty. Not that they didn't just agree with wrapping but... "Nasty". See where I'm going here. People got personal. Me, I'm scrappy and I like a good fight. My motives for this post was to help out "Any one" that was having a hard time with ribs. Nothing less, nothing more. Carry on...

When you post something like your original post, you’re absolutely going to get a fight. My personal opinion is that your recipe is convoluted and tedious. I can make better ribs much more simply. Now this is just MY opinion. Not looking for a fight, just trying to give you some perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm curious then..why would you evangelize a recipe you don't care for and won't eat? Not looking for a fight, just trying to understand.

Because I aspire to be a competitor. I also can afford to have a cheat meal every now and then because I'm very well fat adapted. When I do cheat, I don't consume any complex carbs. only simple sugars because it tends to go in and out of your system without knocking you out of ketosis for very long. I've been on the diet for almost three years.

Now that I speak of it it would be nice to come up with some rubs and sauces that are keto friendly that can compete with the rest of the industry.

A couple things can help. Buy some swerve brown sugar. Keto friendly. Substitute it for regular brown sugar when you are wrapping in foil. Use regular hot sauce instead of tiger sauce. No real replacement for honey but there should be plenty sweet with the swerve. I have it at my local grocery store but have also seen it on Amazon. I use their confectioners sugar for fat bombs and stuff like that. But simpler, "Texas style" is generally way more keto friendly than competition style.

Me, I'm scrappy and I like a good fight.

Not trying to be confrontational or overly critical but you definitely do come across that way. I have noticed it before in some of your posts. Please remember that voice inflection, facial cues, or body language do not come across a keyboard. Just a thought run with it or disregard, your choice

A couple things can help. Buy some swerve brown sugar. Keto friendly. Substitute it for regular brown sugar when you are wrapping in foil. Use regular hot sauce instead of tiger sauce. No real replacement for honey but there should be plenty sweet with the swerve. I have it at my local grocery store but have also seen it on Amazon. I use their confectioners sugar for fat bombs and stuff like that. But simpler, "Texas style" is generally way more keto friendly than competition style.

I use agave in the raw, instead of honey.

Because I aspire to be a competitor. I also can afford to have a cheat meal every now and then because I'm very well fat adapted. When I do cheat, I don't consume any complex carbs. only simple sugars because it tends to go in and out of your system without knocking you out of ketosis for very long. I've been on the diet for almost three years.

Now that I speak of it it would be nice to come up with some rubs and sauces that are keto friendly that can compete with the rest of the industry.

I don’t use sauces of any kind (occasionally glaze with honey, but rarely).
All our rubs are sugar free and keto friendly as well.

I get it

I'd also like to note... My favorite eating rib is memphis style dry. To me, Competition is to rich tasting for eating at the house and... I don't like getting sticky. Since I'm on Keto, I can't be eating all those sweet sauces.

Here you go! Rub, Smoke, Eat. Doesn't get any simpler than that! (No sauce or wrap needed)

Dry Rub Rib Sliced 5-19 by David Miller, on Flickr

I want to give your company a shot. Info?

You won't be disappointed with those rubs! Try the SirPorkAlot Rib rub. Then if you want to add sweet, use your foil method you gave, but instead of all the extras, sprinkle maybe two or three tablespoons (I don't measure it) in the foil and then on the top with meat down. Drizzle with a little vinegar, wrap and cook. As long as using this much sugar wont mess up your ketosis, that is what makes my family eat too many ribs when we have dinners.

Edit: I guess I should say that I prefer it without sugar. Good stuff!

Last edited:
Umm..can you not find a more..ah....gracious phrase to compliment the above cook? I think you meant to compliment it anyway, but if you told me my food looked like genitalia you’d best have a fast, convincing explanation or we’d be going downtown, brother.

I’d never turn down any of the ribs in this thread, love a free lunch!

Ps I always quite enjoyed meat head despite his somewhat cranky persona on twitter, is he not well liked?

Back