THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check out @cowgirl blog.

Welcome!
What types of wood do you have access to?
And do you have a fire pit, smoker, grill?
Oak, Maple, Cedar, Cherry, Mulberry
We have fireplace, grill and 2 smokers 😂

Welcome from Illinois, Bea!
Lots of great folks here, willing to give advice, encouragement, opinions and the occasional friendly jabs.
Best forum on the web, IMHO.

Welcome from Illinois, Bea!
Lots of great folks here, willing to give advice, encouragement, opinions and the occasional friendly jabs.
Best forum on the web, IMHO.
Thanks for the welcome. Lost memory so this is a great way for me to relearn cooking

First 2 tips:
Be patient
And
It's done when it is done :)

Oh, and start in time.
Grilling is relatively easy, just get a fire going, once you have enough coals at the temperature you want, start grilling.
Keep the fire going on the side so you can add more coal when needed.

Just a sample pic of grilled spatch cocked piri piri chicken
(Well, it doesnt want to insert)

Attachments

• IMG_20240503_192727_274.jpg
    IMG_20240503_192727_274.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 3
Does anyone know approx. how many wood chunks are needed for grilling and/or smoking Chicken breast? Trying to get my calculations in order 😂 And what's the sawdust used for? We've removed what they say is the harmful dust... now what to do with the rest

That's a very broad question. Different cookers, size of cooking area, how much chicken, blah blah. Welcome from Delaware!

Well I have black cherry and just acquired sassafras to go alongside a tabletop and stand alone smoker and propane grill. Not sure which one to begin with. My cousin did all the smoking but unfortunately he passed few months back and we are clueless 😂... no how to do it charcoal style but prefer natural Wood instead

It's easy to overdo wood when smoking, but it depends on taste.
Start with a little and try.

Sawdust is used in things like proQ smoke generator. Gives smoke for hours and no heat.
Or for stovetop smokers. In that case just use a little. Maybe 1-2 tablespoons.

Welcome. Hope you stick around. You can have a lot of fun here and learn a lot too Best way is to just startv cooking and see what you like. People here love to offer suggestions and teach. Post some cooks in Q Talk

Thank you
I look forward to BBQ Season! I would have never figured out using teaspoons. One of my brothers grills and smokes foods almost daily 😂 he's the one gave me the idea to do chicken. Scared to do the meats... don't wanna mess it up 😂

Back