THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

here is a pic of some of the quarters i did, brined them in salt,brownsugar, spicewines hog/hen dust, some black pepper, then rubbed em down good with the hen dust, then glazed em in spicewines sweet hot bbq sauce. all i can say is amazing taste. and the look pretty too.
(note* picture taken with camera phone kinda fuzzy)

Attachments

• photo_0003 (2).jpg
    photo_0003 (2).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 80
When I do a slow cook on the webber, I put a pan in the center and fill with water for moisture.
I place a small number of coals ( About 8 on each side. I then place the rack so the coals are under the handles of the rack. That way you can feed a couple of coals an hour through the holes without removing the grate.
Webber, webber Rah Rah Rah!

Last edited by a moderator:
bbqjoe said:
When I do a slow cook on the webber, I put a pan in the center and fill with water for moisture.
I place a small number of coals ( About 8) on each side. I then place the rack so the coals are under the handles of the rack. That way you can feed a couple of coals an hour through the holes without removing the grate.
Webber, webber Rah Rah Rah!

my kettle has flip racks to add more , dont they all?

Sledneck said:
my kettle has flip racks to add more , dont they all?

Nope... That's one of the differences between Gold and Silver models. You can buy the hinged grate seperately, however.

when using indirect method on this thing with quarters should i place some water in the drip pan? or is that a bad idea considering the grease and water dont mix very well especiallly if it caught on fire.

Ron_L said:
Nope... That's one of the differences between Gold and Silver models. You can buy the hinged grate seperately, however.
I bought the silver, because of the weight and price difference. The silver was more than $60.00 cheaper than the gold, and that difference more than covered the cost of the charcoal baskets, hinged rack, and lid caddy. Also, I pack the grill any time I take the smoker to a job. I know the weight difference is only several pounds, but any break loading and unloading is really appreciated. However, one of these days I'm getting a Performer for the patio!

How do u like the charcoal baskets? i bought the divider things that hook into the grate. May buy the baskets and see which i like better
I want to get the wok as well. it looks sweet..

FatDaddy said:
How do u like the charcoal baskets? i bought the divider things that hook into the grate. May buy the baskets and see which i like better
I want to get the wok as well. it looks sweet..
The baskets are great, as you can use tongs to move the fire where you want it. I have the charcoal rails, but I quit using after getting the baskets.

Chez said:
Thanks for the welcome, Kapn ~ glad the pin didn't offend anyone. The other forum tends to git a lil' *testy* when someone mentions another forum/website. Glad you boys are a lil' more laid back.
hey Chez..you hang here too now??!

howdy bill ... yeah, i been hangin' here for a few weeks, mostly lurkin' ... seems like a friendly bunch here ... 'spect I'll hang for a while....

Back