THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bubba Keg? Hmmm... Intrigued.. Not Ceramic? Is it aluminum? Might be my next purchase! I have seen others cooking here on one but thought it was just another ceramic kamado??? I guess I'm missing something Not being a smart a$$ honestly asking.... :-D Ron, you are a great guy just trying to learn :-D

Thanks,
Greg

Bubba Keg? Hmmm... Intrigued.. Not Ceramic? Is it aluminum? Might be my next purchase! I have seen others cooking here on one but thought it was just another ceramic kamado??? I guess I'm missing something Not being a smart a$$ honestly asking.... :-D Ron, you are a great guy just trying to learn :-D

Thanks,
Greg

It started out as Bubba Keg, then renamed to Big Steel Keg, now sold as Broil King Keg since they now own it. All steel, double wall. The insulation between the walls is similar to oven insulation.

Very frugal on lump and extremely good at holding consistent temps. They are prone to rust after some number of years as mine did. I rebuilt it about two years ago, documented here in the forum.

They remove from their carts and came with an adaptor to be mounted on a trailer hitch. I've never done it, but still have all the accessories.

Cast iron two height cooking grate and another SS grate that attaches in a hole in the CI grate for another level of cooking. It spins out of the way.

All in all a very cleverly designed Kamado and the one Ron snagged looks to be in great shape.

Back