THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ronbrad62

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ron
I found this on FB Marketplace and since it was only about 15-20 minutes from me, I jumped on it. $200 and I have wanted a kamado that wasn't ceramic, since I have a tendency to break stuff. Giving her a test run tonight and will probably toss some chicken breasts on for dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_172553681_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200729_172553681_HDR.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_20200729_172616473_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200729_172616473_HDR.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 248
Hook a temp controller up to that joker and you'll have a cooker that will run for nearly a dadgum week at the same temp. Perfect for overnight butt cooks.

Congrats. Looks to be in great shape. They are definitely miserly on fuel. And remember it's sized to use a lot of the large BGE accessories such as the platesetter.

That’s an awesome cooker! I had one for a number of years. If you don’t find much info from searching PM me and I’ll share all the tips I learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice find. Checked local FBMP and one popped up $250
Wichita KS. 423 miles away. Tad to far.
Brethren in that part of world may be interested.

I have one as my primary. I like it, as others have noted once you have the temp dialed in it stays like that for hours without any fuss.

I've run it almost every weekend this summer.

years ago i couldn't pull the trigger on the bubba keg when they still existed, got an Akorn kamado from Menards. Sure, I spent 1/4 money but my AKorn rusted out completely and went to dump (Despite being kept covered) Had I ponied up for Bubba Keg, I'd probably still have a kamado

nice score

(also 200 seems very reasonable for a grill that sold new for $800 and appears to be in good shape and I'd imagine has few cooks left in her)

Back