THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF??? Looks like the same smoker I am building!! Nice looking build there. The only stainless on mine will be the doors. Outer skins will be be super-quality custom paint. I will have to fabricate some of those flame latches if I can figure that out. Looks very cool! Here are just a few my pics......:-D

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0969.jpg
    IMG_0969.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_1001.jpg
    IMG_1001.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 383
That's quite a sweet build you have goin there Exe. What gauge steel are the interior and exterior walls? And what do you think she'll weigh out at?

My first profession was metal working and I appreciate quality
All I can say is:

Fantastic Craftmanship!!!

TIM

More progress today. Got the fire box gasket and cooking chamber gasket on. Also finished welding in all of the rack guides and got the hinge covers riveted on. Also got the front door skin on and the MooCow logo mounted.

Attachments

• IMG_4739.jpg
    IMG_4739.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_4740.jpg
    IMG_4740.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_4736.jpg
    IMG_4736.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_4732.jpg
    IMG_4732.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_4731.jpg
    IMG_4731.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_4743.jpg
    IMG_4743.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 373
WTF??? Looks like the same smoker I am building!! Nice looking build there. The only stainless on mine will be the doors. Outer skins will be be super-quality custom paint. I will have to fabricate some of those flame latches if I can figure that out. Looks very cool! Here are just a few my pics......:-D
You stole my plans you SOB!!:boxing: For those of you that don't know Rick (exe-q-tioner) and I are building matching smokers. I have been working on the design for about a year now and talking with Rick about it for a while. He has a big stick burner that requires a lot of attention so I talked him into an insulated smoker so he and his dad could get some sleep at contests. We have been building them for about a month now and are trying to get them ready for the beginning of the BBQ season. His is Carbon Steel and mine is 100% stainless steel except for the casters.

Man that thing is smokin hot.

Very professional. Im a tig welder but I dont have a set up in my garage. that's nicey. Looks like ya got a nice gas lens on the tig torch. ya getting more reach out of the tungsten with that?

What welding machine are ya using?

Great work man, How much time do you think you have into it?

Rookie question, not at all familiar with these box style smokers. Why is the exhaust so low in the cooking chamber. I can understand the intake, but why put the exhaust near the bottom instead of the top?

Man that thing is smokin hot.

Very professional. Im a tig welder but I dont have a set up in my garage. that's nicey. Looks like ya got a nice gas lens on the tig torch. ya getting more reach out of the tungsten with that?

What welding machine are ya using?

Great work man, How much time do you think you have into it?

Yep, it is a gas lens. Just seems to makes the welds cleaner when it's on there. I have a miller xmt 304 inverter. It's a nice machine and it runs my mig head and spool gun.

Rookie question, not at all familiar with these box style smokers. Why is the exhaust so low in the cooking chamber. I can understand the intake, but why put the exhaust near the bottom instead of the top?

The heat enters the chamber from the top through false walls and has to exit from the bottom to fill the chamber with smoke.

I have a couple of the inverter stick welders. They are great. I have been thinking of upgrading.

Does the XMT 304 have high frequency AC? If it does it has the jump start arc right?

Just the fact that it runs mig on 110 or 220 makes it worth it I bet.

How much was it if you dont mind me asking?

Ever consider entering something in the Miller Welding Project Challenge? You can win some really nice gear. And that smoker looks like a winner.

I entered some spider sculptures last year and made it in the running.

I think I may enter a brazen bull smoker BBQ lawn sculpture this year. Still have to build it though.

Sorry for the off topic talk, I just love welding almost as much as I love the Q.

Niiiiiiiiiice! I like the perforated sheet! That must have set ya back a bit... around here it is 350-400 for a 4 x 8 sheet:shocked: Nice to have "helpers" too..LOL.. I can barely peel my 3 year old and 16 month old off of me long enough to use the restroom! And that's a GREAT thing!

Back