My new Argentine grill arrived yesterday!

I understand that one is required to be retired so as to be able to have the time to cook a meal on it!
Ed

I´m 47 so retirement is not around the corner.
One just needs to make time, like running a stickburner.
Yeah, I don´t see myself firing this up much on weekdays (unless this working from home continues) but it´ll be great fun to use during the weekends/time-off etc.

you magnificent bastard. That IMO is the best design for an Argentine aside from a full built in style with hood etc. The wind guards are exactly what I would need given being in the Midwest USA. If that model were available in the US, id be buying it.

That looks awesome! Ever since I saw these on a trip to Argentina, I have wanted one, but I just dont have the extra room at home:sad::sad:

Since these grills are meant to do a slower cook, how long does it take you to cook burgers? Steaks?

Love that! And that burn down section on the side - very, very farkin cool (well hot...). The only thing I want right now is something similar to that - Argentinian, Santa Maria, etc.

Based on what I've seen before I know we'll be seeing some excellent eats coming off of that thing & I am here for it! :hungry:

Thanks guys!

That looks awesome! Ever since I saw these on a trip to Argentina, I have wanted one, but I just dont have the extra room at home:sad::sad:

Since these grills are meant to do a slower cook, how long does it take you to cook burgers? Steaks?

The beauty about these things is that they can do both slow and fast because you can move the grates up and down. Those V-shape grates get REALLY hot when you keep them close to the coals. I wasn´t paying attention on the time, I wanted to run it for a couple of hours so the paint could set and made use of the last heat for the burgers. They only needed a short time.

We need lots and lots of pictures when you cook on it! Looks great and I can't wait to see more.

Thanks, 1st real cook done this past weekend!

Love that! And that burn down section on the side - very, very farkin cool (well hot...). The only thing I want right now is something similar to that - Argentinian, Santa Maria, etc.

Based on what I've seen before I know we'll be seeing some excellent eats coming off of that thing & I am here for it! :hungry:

Thanks!
The brasero is the icing on the cake, I think it makes things a lot easier because you´re never running fire under the grates, just smouldering coals.

Back