My disappointment is immeasurable. My summer is ruined.

That damage really is disheartening. I doubt it left LSG on a pallet as the crate is clearly built to be picked up from the center by a fork lift. Also I was once a professional forklift operator and would never show up to work wearing white sneakers, shorts and a wife beater.

Yeah, they would stain really easily and look bad - better to go with black.

That sucks I know the feeling. The shipper for my LSG lost mine!!!! I called LSG and told them waht happened and they were going to build me a new one and put me at the front of the line. Luckily the shipper found it two weeks later and got it delivered. When it finally showed up it was covered in dirt and the top 2x4 was broken and had put a small mark on the top but was really no big deal. Call LSG they will take care of you they have awesome customer service.

Maybe a little counseling by Makers Mark or Jack Daniels or Angels Envy might ease the pain and help get your summer restored to having a good time :-D

He said the magic words... usually I'm a Scotch fan, preferably Islay Scotches (Laguvaulin, Ardbeg, Laproaig...) - but Angel's Envy, man I love that stuff, and it does tend to cure most ills, a little Maker's isn't a bad thing either...

Sorry to hear about the Smoker, I'm sure the folks at LSG will prioritize you and try and get you fixed up as quick as they can, they seem like decent honest people who want positive word of mouth for quality products.

Damn, that sucks. At least you were able to refuse the delivery. I've never been allowed to open a truck delivery to inspect prior to signing the paperwork. I've even been denied a damage claim since I signed for it and didn't discover the damage until after the truck driver left. The trucking companies don't care.

Last edited:
Damn, that sucks. At least you were able to refuse the delivery. I've never been allowed to open a truck delivery to inspect prior to signing the paperwork. I've even been denied a damage claim since I signed for it and didn't discover the damage until after the truck driver left. The trucking companies don't care.

You can sign “Not given the chance to inspect for damage” or some such - that should give you some level of protection, but IANAL, TINLA.

Oh no, I feel your pain, I had a little shipping damage on my LSG fortunately it was a replaceable part and Chris had a replacement part out within a week. My guess in a few weeks you will be up and running.

Hate that happened but looking at your picture it looks like a single vertical piece of metal is what the wheel was mounted to? no idea why the axle wasn't welded into a square tube, it wouldn't take much to crack that metal if the pit is heavy and have some sideways pushing trying to get loaded. Glad it happened before you received it and not some time down the road.

Sorry this happened.

Out of interest, is there a consensus here as the 'right' way for a fabricator to handle this kind of situation? I know I would not want it patched up. At a minimum I think I would expect the smoker to be mounted to a new cart, if not a whole new smoker. It might be hard to tell what else was damaged and hidden. Am I being unreasonable?

I assume the shipment is insured, is it an 'all or nothing' -type policy? Meaning, if the shipper is at fault (which certainly seems to be the case) do they just pay the full insured amount? Is that amount the purchase price or LSG's cost? Or is it somehow prorated based on the extent of the damage?

No dog in the fight, just interested as I am hoping to place an order for their pellet grill once it is released, and I am praying this doesn't happen to me.

Sorry this happened.

Out of interest, is there a consensus here as the 'right' way for a fabricator to handle this kind of situation? I know I would not want it patched up. At a minimum I think I would expect the smoker to be mounted to a new cart, if not a whole new smoker. It might be hard to tell what else was damaged and hidden. Am I being unreasonable?

My opinion (without being able to see if there's any other damage) would be to repair the weld and it's probably good as new. If that's true, then I would see no reason to scrap the smoker. Maybe sell it to someone else as a "dent & scratch"? I will say my opinion is colored by growing up on a dairy farm where we almost always repaired rather than replaced.

Easy fix for any steel fabricator, cut out, weld in a new piece, spray heat flat black, easy peasy, especially for the manufacturer. Scrap the smoker because of an axle bracket issue? :roll:

Well brother I must say that is a bummer I to also had the same issue and the funny thing is Im on Long Island as well. My axels were all bent and since it was storming out I had to briefly inspect it but since it was left up against a wall I could not see the damage.
Now to make some people aware LSG is a fantastic company and they run a tight ship. Chris was just as upset as me and being in new york the best thing to do was send out replacement axels for me. The paint on my smoker (custom paint job) was also dinged up in many spots. chris made everything right, At the end up the day I love my smoker I was incredibly upset and almost lost sleep over this since I received it on a friday after the shop was closed and had to wait a few days to even speak to Chris. Im sure you will love it! If you do need a backup lsg im located in merrick!

Attachments

• 62B40B47-EACD-41E7-8E91-E8EB975082EE.jpeg
    62B40B47-EACD-41E7-8E91-E8EB975082EE.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 269
  • AE09D63B-C97E-402C-B002-5F171BB40369.jpg
    AE09D63B-C97E-402C-B002-5F171BB40369.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 0D63B1C2-81BD-4BC1-88EC-113491ADF669.jpg
    0D63B1C2-81BD-4BC1-88EC-113491ADF669.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 268
Well brother I must say that is a bummer I to also had the same issue and the funny thing is Im on Long Island as well. My axels were all bent and since it was storming out I had to briefly inspect it but since it was left up against a wall I could not see the damage.
Now to make some people aware LSG is a fantastic company and they run a tight ship. Chris was just as upset as me and being in new york the best thing to do was send out replacement axels for me. The paint on my smoker (custom paint job) was also dinged up in many spots. chris made everything right, At the end up the day I love my smoker I was incredibly upset and almost lost sleep over this since I received it on a friday after the shop was closed and had to wait a few days to even speak to Chris. Im sure you will love it! If you do need a backup lsg im located in merrick!

Nice to hear from another Long Islander here! I’m in Syosset.

Was your freight company YRC?

Back