My first Weber kettle, oh my

CptKaos

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Larry
On the 4th of July I found myself really wanting a light portable grill I could setup in the driveway and grill burgers and dogs while we drank beer and watched fireworks. Moving the BGE or the 1k lb "chicken cooker" would be difficult and labor intensive.
I needed a "kettle" but none were to be found close or this side of injun country (Austin), then I found that the HomeDepot in Temple had 1 "master touch" in stock so I grabbed a carbine and headed north.
Sadly upon arrival I found they didn't actually have the "master touch", a "performer" had accidentally been stocked under the price sign. After explaining my disappointment to the manager he offered a couple of accessories to ease the pain so we loaded it up and headed home.
Since being added to the arsenal I have used it to cook burgers, steak, wangs and as we speak pork country ribs. What an awesome and versatile cooker.

Got wings on my Kettle right now. Its the workhorse on my patio. Gets fired up two to four times a week.

Still have my first kettle from 30+ years ago. Get ready for a long relationship.

Just finished smoking/cooking an 8 lb pork shoulder in my 22 kettle. 300 for 8 hours. Pulled the shoulder when it probed tender, around 203.

Love my kettle for “smaller” cooks.

Another convert!! You're gonna love it. If you're anything like most of us, it won't be long until you have several more!!!

Matt

Welcome to the club, my kettle will be the last cooker to leave home lol ,I have the performer with storage bin and gas lighting. the baskets work well also

I agree. I eventually upgraded to the 26”. It’s just an incredibly versatile and easy to use grill.

I’ve looked at buying something larger like an assassin or M1 but in reality the ease of cleanup etc means I know I’d use the Kettle 90% of the time.

Welcome to the Kettle Club. Buy a Vortex and take the kettle to a new level. Some folks really like the Slow-N-Sear as well. I have one, but use the vortex more often.

Robert

Welcome to the wonderful world of Weber kettles!

Now sell the BGE and get a Weber Summit charcoal and you can have the best of both worlds and take it with you too!

Bought Weber 22" Premium a couple of months ago myself.
Not sure why I never did this before... At first I thought it was the novelty of the thing, but maybe it's really the ease of use. I'm using this thing 4 out of 7 nights a week lately.
I'm thinking a slow & sear is on the list, most likely a vortex as well... I've barely touched my UDS since I got it.

Yep, the kettle is a versatile grill. Often I fire up the freebie 18" Weber instead of the Goldens since its just the two of us and it's ready pretty quickly. Congrats on getting one.

Back