Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Smoker

Rodomac

Knows what a fatty is.
Well folks, I hope I don't bore the Brethren with my excitement of getting my Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Smoker. Here is the life cycle from order to minor assembly. Hope this is helpful to others.

• 2/19- Placed Order (without shipping decision) 50% down, 8 inch wheels, fan port, pull handle
  • 2/28 - Added 2 temp probes and shipping delivery
  • 3/08 - Fabrication Started
  • 3/26 - Received call Smoker build complete, paid balance due
  • 3/28 - Shipment arrived in San Antonio, called for 4/02 delivery (only Tues & Thurs)
  • 4/02 - Met truck at front gate,loaded on tractor and placed by house, only had time to remove plastic top cover because i could not find my hammer (had to laugh at myself for that)
  • 4/03 - Rained, no activity, should have left the plastic on top
  • 4/04 - Uncrated and minor assembly of stack and firebox damper handle
  • 4/05 - Season
  • 4/06 - first cook (Pork Butt), but rain is in the forecast, alternate is Sunday
Observations:

• Glad I had a tractor since the way bill indicated a 772 load (big and heavy)
  • Pay the extra cost to ship it and save your back
  • The 6ft x 2.5 ft crate was well constructed, protected the smoker and no issues. Now I have some extra wood for projects :-D
  • 8 inch wheels were a big help over the rocky ground
  • I don't really plan to move it around much but the wheels base front to back is narrow and could be a challenge keeping it from tipping over, so caution is advised
  • Only downside was the 4 9/16 nuts were missing and fortunately I had some. Double checked packaging but no go
  • Inside welds are not as clean as I was expecting but should not be an issue.
  • Wiped out inside with a rag to remove welding debris
  • Outside welds are good/clean
  • The handle was on the smoke stack versus welded to the main chamber, (just different from web site picture)

Attached are some pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_1757a.jpg
    IMG_1757a.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_1775A.jpg
    IMG_1775A.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_1774A.jpg
    IMG_1774A.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_1768A.jpg
    IMG_1768A.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_1767A.jpg
    IMG_1767A.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_1766A.jpg
    IMG_1766A.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_1764A.jpg
    IMG_1764A.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_1763A.jpg
    IMG_1763A.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_1762A.jpg
    IMG_1762A.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_1758A.jpg
    IMG_1758A.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 406
Congrats! Great looking cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats! I really like the look of these cookers

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats and welcome to the club. (#5960)
I ordered my 20x36 on 2/6. Build began on 2/23 and was finished 3/15. Received it on 3/28.
The four 9/16 nuts were ziptied to one of the cooking grates on mine.

Interesting that my BOL said 827 pounds and mine is smaller.
Might be because I added the ash pan, charcoal basket and 1/2" fire grate.

Chris and Amber were absolutely wonderful to deal with.

Congratulations and welcome to the LSG Family.

Have any pics of the welds that aren't up to snuff? I haven't seen any high end smokers in person, but from what I see online, a lot of these smokers have less than acceptable welds for what they cost. You would think that when spending 4 figures for one of these things, that the damn manufacturer would hire professional welders.

Well folks, I hope I don't bore the Brethren with my excitement of getting my Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Smoker. Here is the life cycle from order to minor assembly. Hope this is helpful to others.

• 2/19- Placed Order (without shipping decision) 50% down, 8 inch wheels, fan port, pull handle
  • 2/28 - Added 2 temp probes and shipping delivery
  • 3/08 - Fabrication Started
  • 3/26 - Received call Smoker build complete, paid balance due
  • 3/28 - Shipment arrived in San Antonio, called for 4/02 delivery (only Tues & Thurs)
  • 4/02 - Met truck at front gate,loaded on tractor and placed by house, only had time to remove plastic top cover because i could not find my hammer (had to laugh at myself for that)
  • 4/03 - Rained, no activity, should have left the plastic on top
  • 4/04 - Uncrated and minor assembly of stack and firebox damper handle
  • 4/05 - Season
  • 4/06 - first cook (Pork Butt), but rain is in the forecast, alternate is Sunday
Observations:

• Glad I had a tractor since the way bill indicated a 772 load (big and heavy)
  • Pay the extra cost to ship it and save your back
  • The 6ft x 2.5 ft crate was well constructed, protected the smoker and no issues. Now I have some extra wood for projects :-D
  • 8 inch wheels were a big help over the rocky ground
  • I don't really plan to move it around much but the wheels base front to back is narrow and could be a challenge keeping it from tipping over, so caution is advised
  • Only downside was the 4 9/16 nuts were missing and fortunately I had some. Double checked packaging but no go
  • Inside welds are not as clean as I was expecting but should not be an issue.
  • Wiped out inside with a rag to remove welding debris
  • Outside welds are good/clean
  • The handle was on the smoke stack versus welded to the main chamber, (just different from web site picture)

Attached are some pictures:

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! I remember that day :) I love mine!!

Not at all boring...Great looking cooker...Now you've really got me thinking.....

Congrats!

They make the finest looking patio cooker on the market!

This is the shot of the weld on the inside the chamber. They are structurally fine and will hold up to a long life, they are just not as pretty as the outside but this is not a fashion show. Better than I could do myself. Don't get me wrong I think the build quality is awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_1770A.jpg
    IMG_1770A.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 140
Ok, that weld isn't too bad. Guess I really shouldn't be comparing those welds to my friend's welds...Lockheed Martin's qc is a little different lol.

Back