THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your paella cooks are some of my absolute favorites that I've seen ANYWHERE at any level. I would pay big bucks for a plate of that. Did you like this one or the last one better? I'm sure they were equally outstanding!

Your paella cooks are some of my absolute favorites that I've seen ANYWHERE at any level. I would pay big bucks for a plate of that. Did you like this one or the last one better? I'm sure they were equally outstanding!

Wow Smokedawg, very kind of you!! I'm still learning about paella. I liked this one best. The last one had a seafood blend... I left it out of this one. It just seemed to taste better this time.
Thanks so much! :hug::-D

edited to add....the seafood blend had imitation crab meat and I'm not too fond of that stuff. :)

I really don't think paella can get better than that! It looks farkin delicious!

Thank you Decoy!! :-D

Every time I see this dish I don't know what to think about it! It looks delicious but I don't get food like that around here! Haven't ate octopus, I would try it once if it was served to me correctly like your dish.

Wonder what kind of texture the octopus has? Do you eat the whole thing? What part of it do you eat? LOL

Good lookin grub girl!

I always know it is going to be good before I open the thread. I love seafood and would be all over that. I agree this looks better than the blend Krab is not crab!

Dungeness is my favorite!

You're killing me! there was a "kit" for this at the store....it did NOT have half the awesomeness of this though

Wow, I didn't know they made a kit! Thanks fnjay! :mrgreen:

Every time I see this dish I don't know what to think about it! It looks delicious but I don't get food like that around here! Haven't ate octopus, I would try it once if it was served to me correctly like your dish.

Wonder what kind of texture the octopus has? Do you eat the whole thing? What part of it do you eat? LOL
Thank you Blazinfire! Octopus is very mild imo. It takes on the flavors around it.. in this case the saffron, smoked paprika, wine, etc.. The texture is very tender unless overcooked.
I removed the eyes first, then turned the head inside out. removed everything... the skin peels off too on both the inside and outside. I cut the head into rings.
Then removed the "beak" at the center of the tentacles. Hope that makes sense. lol
Hope you give it a try sometime!

Good lookin grub girl!

I always know it is going to be good before I open the thread. I love seafood and would be all over that. I agree this looks better than the blend Krab is not crab!

Dungeness is my favorite!

Thanks so much SD! I love Dungeness too but can't find it here very often. When we move to Sako's neighborhood, we should be set on fresh seafood. :laugh::mrgreen:

Wholly schmolly Jeanie, you just keep raising that bar higher and higher! That is beyond amazing! :clap2: :jaw:

KC

Thank you KC! I hope to experiment with paella, now that I know how it's supposed to taste. :-D

What a fantastic cook Jeanie

Thank you Bob!

Last edited:
Cowgirl. You Really Have Skillz. When I grow up I want to grill like you. Thanks for sharing. I Always enjoy your cooks.

Beautiful! How many people are you cooking for? You do such big cooks all the time that look great!

Thanks! It varies. Most of the time it's just me here, but when friends stop by the number can climb to 15. There were 5 of us for this cook. I had some leftover. :-D

I am seriously amazed at how you can put up so many posts and have them all be great - that is definitely not an easy thing to accomplish and I haven't seen anybody else put up so much good stuff on such a consistent basis - not by a long shot.

Anyway - the paella - hell farkin' yes! :whoo: beautiful cook and beautiful pix! Thanks for posting Jeanie!

Back