THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I work for AT&T. We have something called Employee Resource Groups (ERG's) that are groups of people with different ethnic backgrounds, beliefs, etc. The one I belong to is a Veterans ERG, made up of ex-military, families of military members, or just those that want to support and give back to military members. One of the thoughts in the back of my mind when I ordered that monster LSG smoker was that if they ever had a benefit such as those you support, I would be well equipped to help out. Still nothing yet, but that gives me time to learn to control her.

Hats off and kudos to all you fine gentlemen!

Looks like my little nephew is learnin' from the best!

Keep up the good work, Brothers'!

The first thing lil joe wanted to do when he woke in the morning was check on the fire. Wont be but a few more years until Dave can finally get some sleep on these overnighters.

I work for AT&T. We have something called Employee Resource Groups (ERG's) that are groups of people with different ethnic backgrounds, beliefs, etc. The one I belong to is a Veterans ERG, made up of ex-military, families of military members, or just those that want to support and give back to military members. One of the thoughts in the back of my mind when I ordered that monster LSG smoker was that if they ever had a benefit such as those you support, I would be well equipped to help out. Still nothing yet, but that gives me time to learn to control her.

thats great Terry!

Arrange one yourself!!

Or find a group that you can help! That's what I did. Took a little doing but now that we are off and running we have enough opportunities to help I have to be careful not to take on too much and burn the guys out

Thanks BB. Being in San Antonio, are sure there are opportunities that we can assist with and not have to organize it ourselves. I just joined the ERG, so I want to get situated in it before I start pushing to volunteer. Hopefully by next year I can get us doing something.

Thanks BB. Being in San Antonio, are sure there are opportunities that we can assist with and not have to organize it ourselves. I just joined the ERG, so I want to get situated in it before I start pushing to volunteer. Hopefully by next year I can get us doing something.

what made it a lot easier for me was to find a group that was already holding a picnic event, so all I had to do was to cook the meat for them, everything else was already in place, kitchen staff, sides, etc etc

made it a lot easier. Took a lot of calling around but it was worth it

It is an honor to be even remotely associated with great people that do great things for the people that did great things to keep this a free country.

Thank you to all the Vets and this group for giving a special day to them

You are all top notch!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

lil Joe haulin' wood
he's a great worker. Hits it hard, never complains. Tireless.

Oh he didn't want to sleep either, he was checking every pit and drum to make sure they were running and "hot" ( his words) constantly. Every time we would open a fire box door he was there, if he didn't beat you to it. If Dave keeps bring him to all the over nighters, I think Joe will be addicted very soon.

That's what I'll be looking for. Something that is already established but they just need some help smoking the meats. Don't think I want to get into all the politics and paperwork.

I would suggest you get ServSafe food handler certified if you are not.

When you approach charities to help, they dont know who you are, it helps if you can provide them some documentation that you have a solid knowledge of proper food handling and preparation procedures.

Back