Veterans Christmas!

Diesel Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Well last year we started doing Christmas meals for our Veterans.
It was a really great success and again this year we will be doing 3 cooks for them.

On December 15th it will be for the Blind Veterans of Toledo OH. This group is about 35-40 people.

December 17th will be the Michigan Veterans Foundation in Detroit. This will be a big event for our homeless Veterans. Looks to be about 400 people there.

Then on December 20th it is the Blind Veterans of Ann Arbor, this is a smaller group of 20 or so.

So Tom, Steve and myself will be busy and welcome any and all help. Especially on the 17th in Detroit.
We will be doing Brisket, ribs, chicken, beans, potatoes and mac and cheese for this cook. It is a dinner for the guys there.

The other 2 are lunches and are going to be Brisket, ribs, salad, beans and mac & cheese

Thanks to those that have helped us before, with donations and boots on the ground

I cant help with this Thanks for doing it How are you paying for it
We've been paying out of our pockets. (mostly Dave's)
That's the reason Dave set up a go fund me page (see signature below). To help offset some of our costs. It gets harder and harder to cover everything. I'm retired now so limited budget for me.
Thanks for askin.

Last edited:
We've been paying out of our pockets.
That's the reason Dave set up a go fund me page (see signature below). To help offset some of our costs. It gets harder and harder to cover everything. I'm retired now so limited budget for me.
Thanks for askin.

You guys are awesome for paying the cost out of pocket. Let me talk to my better half to see if there is anything we can donate to help out.

Steve always look forward to our cook Brother, it's a great time!
Keith if you could help out that would be awesome, it's a nice smaller group of great folks.

Thanks to everyone who has donated, it is greatly appreciated.
We do all we can to show our Vets how much we appreciate their service and sacrifice for our great Country and our Freedoms. And to us the best way to do that is with a great meal that puts a smile on their face.

Brother I'm late to this ... Thx so much for what you and the other guys do to help our vets.. It is all greatly appreciated I am sure of that..... I'm gonna call ya today to chat and see what I can do.... Thx Again Dave... I hope those 2 goodlooking boys are doing good also!!!!!

Back