THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks again everyone.
Any donation whenever is greatly appreciated, no rush. We do 7 cooks a year so there is always another one in the works.

Our Vets deserve to be treated right and thanked, so we do what we can to do that. Cooking is something we are good at, so we're told lol, and they enjoy the food and company from people who care.

Dave,
If you would PM me your email address, i will get some info from you and present it to the board of the Great Lakes BBQ Assn to see if they could help again.

Qbert60 and some of his cooking buddies are coming to help! And bringing a trailer smoker for us to cook the yardbird on.
THANKS GUYS! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Dave is of course bring his Shirley smoker which will be filled with ribs.

Well we have had a lot of donations of time and funds.
The Great Lakes BBQ Association made a very generous donation yesterday, Thank You all!!!!

You guys and gals have really lightened the load on Tom and I and it is greatly appreciated. Both by us and the Veterans that will be enjoying these meals we cook for them. BBQ folks are some of the greatest there are, hands down,

Well we have had a lot of donations of time and funds.
The Great Lakes BBQ Association made a very generous donation yesterday, Thank You all!!!!

You guys and gals have really lightened the load on Tom and I and it is greatly appreciated. Both by us and the Veterans that will be enjoying these meals we cook for them. BBQ folks are some of the greatest there are, hands down,

You are doing great things. I am happy to hear that people have stepped up to help you guys out!

Yes it is awesome that the Brethren and the GLBBQA have stepped up to help us out. And last night a Brother called me and is making another donation.

Thanks so much guys and gals you are absolutely the best there is

Thanks for all the donations folks!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
I picked up the 72 racks of baby backs this morning and 84 lbs of thighs/drums. Man that is alot of meat! Dave already got the briskets, and beans, mac n cheese makins.

Now if it wasn't single digits out side, I could keep this stuff in the garage till sat :doh:
Forcast is 3 to 4 inches of snow sat ( we already have 10"), temps starting in the teens and warming up to 36 degrees with rain... Fun times! :biggrin1:

Yup that's a lot of meat!!

Got the brisket for today finished last night along with the ribs for today's lunch in Toledo and the great Veterans there. Got to get the sides done here in a few minutes.

Once again thank you to all who donated it is greatly appreciated.
I'll add a couple pics of todays event tonight or in the morning.

Getting ready to roll out to the Detroit homeless Veterans cook in just a few.
Got 5 briskets resting in the cambro and a mess of food we'll prepare there.

Thanks again everyone for all your help

I can't thank Qbert60, his friends Tom and Mark enough for all their help today!
What a day, we started off shoveling snow there. Got the smokers set up and warming up.

Anyone know this little guy? :biggrin1:

Of course that is Jojo, the man in charge and Amanda!
Here is Dave, Tom, Bert and Mark

Ah HA.. there is that sneaky Smoke Ninja! And Qbert60 (Bert)

Here is some ribs. Using the warming part we fit 40 racks of babybacks into the Shirley. The others went into Marks smoker.

A few hours into the cook light rain turned into freezing rain for the rest of the cook.
I'm hoping everyone makes it home safe!
Thanks to all who donated!
And another big thanks to everyone who worked today to make this happen!
I'm beat and it is beer time!

Back