Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Lynch Livestock Pig Stampede, Waucoma IA - Aug 1-2, 2008

I'm not sure of the complete top tens, Bob has the results sheet with him.
We finished 8th in ribs and 6th in pork. I think chicken was arounf 17th. Overall we finshed DAL, due to I was 40seconds late for turn in on brisket. We both thought we had time based on our clock but it must have lost a couple minutes over teh night. We have have an atomic clock by the next contest. I felt so sick I thought I was going to throw up. To make it even worse, it was the best brisket I have made all year without a doubt. Lesson learned very painfully.

Hey Don and Bobby, sorry to hear about the brisket. :sad: We don't have a clock, at all, need to get one. We usually end up turning in early, which means cold food.) I think they have a decent looking atomic clock at Sams, don't recall the price.

This might be a dumb question, but doesn't your cell phone work off the atomic clock? I always thought it did and when I've checked my phone against the one they walk around with at the contests, I've always matched exactly.

Sure ... if I could get service in Waucoma. Farkin' Sprint.

But I knew that would be the case prior to the comp. My cell phone has never worked in Waucoma (my grandma lives there). We always use a standard wall clock due to hands being full and dirty, but I have been known to check it against my cell phone at other locations prior to turn ins to see if it's still right. God know's I'll be doing that from now on - even with an Atomic clock.

No excuses though, we could have walked up to the turn ins with our clock or even asked the people next to us. It was a lesson learned the hard way.

Back