THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing in the NE and that isn't right either

I'm from NE, but don't mind NY/PA so much. Most NE teams have to go to NY anyway because NY has as many contests as all six New England states put together. Two of the top five in the 2010 Empire State were from New England. I would have preferred Philly over Pittsburgh, though. :p

I don't understand why NC is in the same region. :confused: The regions are a little different when it comes to 'que.

If I walk up to a person chosen at random and say "My weekend hobby is I cook competitive bbq" I get:

New England response: "You do what?"

North Carolina response: "Nice. I smoked 2 butts last weekend, and I have a brisket on at home now."

Last edited:
So many choices I can't wait! It will be interesting 4 sho

Another slap in the face for the Northeast. KCBS can't seem to realize how much the NE teams support the KCBS. The number of comps are multiplying every year up north and bringing a lot of recognition to the world of competiton cooking and to the KCBS
The best they can come up with is Pittsburgh, Chesapeake, and Greensboro for Region 5.

Looks as if I will be doing two events in NY, one in Albany and one in Buffalo, dates are both in July, more to come. Go to www.arliequeevents.com and check in the next few weeks. We are in to be approved for KCBS sanctioning.

Arlie
[email protected]

I find this thread amusing.
"No contest in my area,....
I'll have to travel 4 hours just to get to one of these Sam's contests, what are they thinking....
KC is the capital of bbq and only one contest,...
none in the pnw,....
Long Island?.. have they lost their mind,....
TX has no judging base and only has one kcbs contest a year, yet TX gets 2 plus a regional....."

Just because there is "no kcbs cook base" in TX dosen't mean there aren't cooks.
There are several sanctioning bodies in TX so I suppose there has not been much of a need to hire kcbs.

For those Texans that want to cook a kcbs contest, (belive it or not, there are a few) they usually have a pretty good drive. Many don't because there is no need when there are plenty contests within a 100 mile drive of almost anywhere in TX, just like there are those that aren't willing to travel out the KC area. They don't have to.
I'm sure Sam's Club has a pretty good marketing dept and know what they are doing to get the biggest bang for their buck.
For those that say it would be "inconvinent" to cook the series, the answer is easy. To whine about it is silly. You can't please all the people all the time. I'm sure there will be plenty willing to fill the field.

I kinda figured we would have full fields. 30 spots per event.... I expect it to sell out quicker than a Jimmy Buffet concert in KS. (about 5 min) :)

I know where I will be the 8th....getting out of the meeting as soon as I can in the morning....closing the office door for about a half hour, and rolling the dice.....I have talked to quite a few TX teams that are going to be filling the slots down here quickly

II have talked to quite a few TX teams that are going to be filling the slots down here quickly

Guess, I'm still curious as to why there would be any doubt that Texas teams would try to fill the slots?

C'mon with the bottom feedin' as you call it, I'm not scared.

Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back