THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not right. Any contest that has a "Invitational" , while sanctioned through KCBS, they are considered competitor series and do not count for any TOY points. 2 perfect examples are the American Royal Invitation and the Jack Daniel's.

...and I have held both a competitor series and a regular KCBS contest on the same day, and was told point blank teams may not enter both.

...and I have held both a competitor series and a regular KCBS contest on the same day, and was told point blank teams may not enter both.

But, in this case, we are talking about two competitor series events I believe. If both are invitationals, I wouldn't want to be in the position of telling teams that they have to make a choice if they've qualified for both.

Does KCBS "sanction" the Royal Invitational? I know they don't sanction The Jack.

Does KCBS "sanction" the Royal Invitational? I know they don't sanction The Jack.

I thought they were sanctioned as competitor contests. KCBS can't "sanction" Invitational contests. SO they had some dsignation for the ARI and the JD.

And Ben, I might have missed part of that with 2 in the same day. Not sure?

Last edited by a moderator:

If I go to KCBS.us, click on events, then "KCBS Sanctioned Events," then select October, 2010, both the ARI and Jack show up. They may not be "normal" BBQ contests (No TOY points, etc), but it looks like they are both "sanctioned." I dunno.

dmp

Another slap in the face for the Northeast. KCBS can't seem to realize how much the NE teams support the KCBS. The number of comps are multiplying every year up north and bringing a lot of recognition to the world of competiton cooking and to the KCBS
The best they can come up with is Pittsburgh, Chesapeake, and Greensboro for Region 5.

Another slap in the face for the Northeast. KCBS can't seem to realize how much the NE teams support the KCBS. The number of comps are multiplying every year up north and bringing a lot of recognition to the world of competiton cooking and to the KCBS
The best they can come up with is Pittsburgh, Chesapeake, and Greensboro for Region 5.
KCBS does not organize the contest. For this series it is Sam Club. For other contest it is a variety of organizers. All KCBS does is accept the organizers fees and send reps to see that the rules are followed and limit the number of contest in the same area on the same dates. If the northeast does not have KCBS contest it is becuase there is a lack of organizers who want to put a BBQ on. I quarntee you that KCBS would love to see more in your area. keith

The regionals are invitationals... so you can be in both places at once with the BBQ Brethren name :) Now the question is... who / where....

KCBS wouldn't let Randy and I cook under Pork Pullin Plowboys when I cooked Midwest City and he cooked El Dorado. We argued that one was an invitational, but Mike Lake said no.

But, in this case, we are talking about two competitor series events I believe. If both are invitationals, I wouldn't want to be in the position of telling teams that they have to make a choice if they've qualified for both.

El Jefe 2012... because Scottie said so.

KCBS does not organize the contest. For this series it is Sam Club. For other contest it is a variety of organizers. All KCBS does is accept the organizers fees and send reps to see that the rules are followed and limit the number of contest in the same area on the same dates. If the northeast does not have KCBS contest it is becuase there is a lack of organizers who want to put a BBQ on. I quarntee you that KCBS would love to see more in your area. keith

There are a good number of KCBS sanctioned comps in the Northeast, I am familiar with the process. The KCBS could have recommended a more northeasterly comp for the Sam's invitational. Is all.

There are a good number of KCBS sanctioned comps in the Northeast, I am familiar with the process. The KCBS could have recommended a more northeasterly comp for the Sam's invitational. Is all.

That's Because the Northeast has no representation with KCBS anymore.....

I will be attempting to register for my local qualifier as my first ever "real" competition. I am pretty excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back