Lamb

20181117-220418.jpg

Now that looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give us an idea of what cutof lamb you want to cook.?

Did a 10+ pound leg of lamb a few years ago. Started off by cleaning up the loose skin and fat that didn't look right. Made up a mixture of melted butter, olive oil, fresh rosemary, fresh lemon juice, tons of garlic slivers, salt and pepper. I took a knife and stabbed the leg a few dozen times. into those stabs I put the garlic/rosemary mixture in as far as I could. Cooked over an open charcoal pit with a hand-cranked rotisserie. Brushed with remaining mixture throughout the cook. Can't remember how long it took but the final temp was at 135-145. The aroma brought out neighbor's I hadn't seen before. This is a slicing temperature and not for pulling. The flavor can be a little bit strong for some. But damn it made some great ass sandwiches.

I don’t really have a desired cut I’m looking to cook. Didn’t know you could cook lamb to be pulled. I would love to do some of both cuts so I can try it sliced and pulled. My friend goes to a store that sells Halal Lamb so he can get whatever cut I want.

Those babies do look tasty. Good looking bark. Reminds me of Turkey legs. I think I’m going to do a cook just to try a few different cuts at the same time. Lambfest 2020 here I come !

Back