• Fire Grilled Smokey Chile Lime Rubbed Rack of Lamb Chops

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Can’t even remember how long it’s been since I’ve cooked a whole rack of lamb, as for years now, I cut the rack into single chop portions. This allows whatever seasoning I use to cover a lot more surface area than cooking the rack whole.

Last night was no different – but instead of the usual Armenian-style cooking method, which you can read about HERE, I realized I had a number of unopened rubs in the pantry and thought I’d give Oakridge Smokey Chile Lime a try. I grilled the chops briefly indirect, with some pecan for smoke, and then they went to the hot side for a nice finishing sear.

We were not disappointed - the chops got a lovely caramelization from the rub, and the flavor was off the charts! Here’s my plate, served with asparagus and couscous:

a8PuE6z.jpg

A closer look at the meat:

HdrAxPQ.jpg

Thanks, Mike, for cooking up another delicious seasoning!

:eusa_clap Very nice lamb chops, Richard!

I would not have thought to use SCL on them, but probably will next time.

Did you fire grill them on the Kudu?

Awesome. I just got the chili lime seasoning yesterday and hadn't decided what I would use it on yet. I was just exploring and it sounded different. Lamb chops may get the call :-D

Awesome. I just got the chili lime seasoning yesterday and hadn't decided what I would use it on yet. I was just exploring and it sounded different. Lamb chops may get the call :-D

It’s good stuff, I use it often on poultry, chicken wings, white fish like mahi, shrimp, and things like that.

Nice lookin’ chops :thumb:

Looks great. We don’t eat much (well any lamb/mutton) around here. I do have a fair amount of Smokey Chilie Lime experience. That stuff is great.

Fantastic, Moose!

We love Smokey Chile Lime here. Haven't tried it on lamb yet, but it sure makes some killer ribs, grilled shrimp, and various cuts of chicken!

That looks insanely good Richard. I've used Oakridge chile lime mostly on pork for Mexican or Caribbean style dishes but time to switch it up. :nod:

Thanks, Richard! Those lamb chops look outstanding!! By the way Smokey Chile Lime is also surprisingly good on pork chops as well. Like shocking good, especially the crispy fatty parts...

:thumb: :thumb:

Back